Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Court Trial Help Neg 1 Jag burnout

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Court Trial Help Neg 1 Jag burnout

Car Stock S-Type 2000 "Trial coming up" Neg 1
So I was pulled over by an officer that suspects but didnt see me do a burnout. Just saw smoke. In the report it reads I did over a 25ft burnout at increasing speed. Well I know I cannot do this in the stock car. I went back the next day and took pictures of no rubber on the road.
There has to be some info on this on the web. I cannot find any.

I know no matter how hard I try the car will not do a 25 foot smoking burnout. Not even in the rain will the tires continuosly spin that far without grabbing. All i can get is a small chirp if that and fast increase of speed.
Who has a link that will help me prove this to the jury?
Its bad enough Jaguar is mentioned in court...

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

the only thing i can tell you is this: evidence evidence evidence. YOU CANNOT BE CHARGED ON HERESAY ALONE. The officer has to produce his evidence, FIRST. You first need to file a motion for DISCOVERY. He has to provide you with the evidence he is going to use against you in court. Second, when you goto to court, your motion should be (assuming there is no hard evidence) that you would like to dismiss the charges based upon LACK OF PROSECUTION.

HOWEVER: i am not a lawyer, nor do my previous hearings i have been through, mean they will work for you. Just use my suggestion to get ready for court. You DO NOT have to testify to anything, if you have NO EVIDENCE against you.

let us all know how it goes after though. And also maintain your composure and dress nice, not TOO nice, but dont go in with pants around your ankles and a flat bill hat hanging sideways off your head.

Last edited by phd12volt; 02-11-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 AM

So where did the smoke come from? Are you saying the cop just randomly pulled you over?

As far as evidence, the officer is the witness. A burnout is considered exhibition of speed or reckless driving. Both of which are officer discretionary offenses meaning it is the police officers word and will. There is no true evidence needed. However, if your vehicle smokes upon acceleration, you could propose that as an explanation. Or, if you saw the/a car that the officer may have really seen, you could possibly bring that up. However, without any witnesses, there is rarely a defense. And don't use the "My car can't" excuse because tat just isn't true. I have done 25ft burnouts in a geo metro so your car is more than capable.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

well, i called my best friend who happens to be a police officer, and evidence of some sort will be needed. His words were basically this......... if he files for Discovery and i have no pending evidence against him, most likely i wont show up for court anyway.....end quote

doesnt mean it will work though. Depends on where you live and the laws there also.

He has taken photos from his cell phone of like cases and used them as evidence also. He's a sneaky ******* too, but he is still one of my best friends. he photographed a guy wheeling his motorcycle down a road, when he went to court the guy said he let the clutch out too quick and it popped up..........WRONG answer dude, you dont pop it up and stand up and put your leg out to the side....duhhhhh caught on camera...hence he had evidence

and i have done burnouts longer than that in a 68 beetle........with a few mods of course....lets just say it was awesome running that thing into random poles and trees , and backing up and keep on going...it was free anyway

Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM

The Lawyer wants documented proof that a stock 2000 s-type jag cannot do a 25ft burnout. I factually know it cannot because I have tried everything short of putting in nuetral, revving and dropping it into drive but also know this is iffy for the fact that when the car over revs it has a limiter.
Yes most cars even a 1902 yugo can do a burnout. I can do a 30 mile burnout in my chevelle.
My totally stock jag cannot. The tires wont spin more than a chirp no matter how hard I romp on the gas pedal. Even with the antislip off it just goes.
No the officer didnt see me, he was behind a new suburban and just saw "white smoke"
I have looked and cannot find info on the anti slip for this car.

rianbectold "And don't use the "My car can't" excuse because tat just isn't true. I have done 25ft burnouts in a geo metro so your car is more than capable."
??? Have you gotten into a 2001 jaguar s-type and romped the gas to do a burnout. ? Not every car can do a burnout. Alot of cars are built so they wont. (this is an automatic)
Thanks for the responses. Is there anybody else that knows more about this? Any links on the electronically controlled antislip and the electronic dcs system?

Even with the officer not seeing they will try this case for the fact I live in a crummy city like that. More info I have will make my case stronger.

Last edited by plums; 06-15-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: removed commercial link
Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL...you still haven't told any of us whether or not you actually did this alleged burnout in your Jag....it is very possible to do one.

Police officers don't need much "evidence" when it comes to traffic stops. Their word is gold when it comes to you vs. them in court. And if they really "got nothin" on you then your officer friend is correct...the officer won't show up for court.

Have you tried writing a letter to the judge? I got out of a speeding ticket last year when I wrote the judge and asked for proof of certification of the officer using the laser gun who ticketed me. Turns out he was never trained on the gun, so the ticket became moot.

If you did it, you just have to get creative. If you didn't, then just tell the truth.

Last edited by hottienamedscottie; 02-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.