Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleted the transponder in my key

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deleted the transponder in my key

Hello everyone.
Let me start off by saying that I am somewhat of a moron. If you've read any of my previous posts I'm sure you can tell. I'm not mechanically inclined and I tend to mess things up as I try to fix them. I am trying to teach myself how to do pretty much everything on my own when it comes to my 2003 STR (M58303).
This time I really did it. I bought the SDD/IDS software and cable from British Diagnostics, the only thing I really wanted it for was to program my current key fob and then a new one after I got it cut. Well as the post says, I deleted the transponder in my only working key. You may think it could be an easy fix but if course when it comes to me it's not. I don't know how it went through with deleting the key because anything I try to do I get a communication error.
Here's the real kicker, I've had my battery disconnected for a bit while I was working on the engine. Now I can't even open the door without the alarm going off until I disconnect the battery. If I leave the door ajar while connecting the battery it stays off until I put the key in the ignition and turn it.
I really don't know how to proceed since I can't try to reprogram the transponder without the alarm blaring when it tells me to turn the key to the on position and also the communication error directly after.
If anyone would care to show me some pity and shed some light on my options I would appreciate it. I'm in Norman, Oklahoma. USA. Anyone I could call besides the dealership that could come to my home and work some voodoo? How much do you folks think I'm looking to spend?

Old 05-15-2017, 02:33 PM

This is what pops up when I try to do pretty much anything.
Also. Do you think I could disable the alarm like maybe pull a fuse or something so I can try to get the IDs to work without the horn blaring or will it not function properly with a fuse pulled?

Old 05-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my friend; you may have a little problem here. I am not an expert on key transponders but I know enough to be dangerous. If you have indeed, reprogrammed the transponder, it is a job for a locksmith with Jaguar capability (or a Dealer). A locksmith will be considerably cheaper. You would need to take the car to a Jaguar dealer whereas a Locksmith will come to you. Do you not have another original key? If you do, simply try that. In any event, you will need two keys to get the transponder reprogrammed, Locksmith or Dealer.
Meanwhile, try connecting the battery, lock all of the doors manually and lock the driver door with the key. Wait about one minute, in lock the car with the remote control. This should bring the alarm back to normal. The alarm and the transponder are two separate functions completely.
Hope this helps a little.....I know it is not the end solution but you will get there
Ron

Old 06-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Default Update : Issue resolved.

So I searched everywhere for a solution and came across an older thread that mentioned the driver door module. In this particular post the OP said his software wasn't communicating with the driver door module which lead to a failure in programming. I decided to take a look at mine and noticed green corrosion on some of the pins and also the plugs. I ordered a used one from eBay and put it in and got the same problem. Decided to spray some electrical cleaner into the plugs and let it sit for a day. Hooked everything back up and presto, communication was there and was able to program the new module. Now have two working keys and also able to use the buttons which I never have before.

The following users liked this post:
Norri (06-03-2017)