Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-bay HID kit...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-bay HID kit...

Hey guys,

Would this work on the 2000 Jaguar S-type? it has the normal lights... the stock lights assembly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MKS-H...51299210QQrdZ1

Pleease LMK ASAP

Thanks,
Paul

seviz@aol.com

Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: E-bay HID kit...

I would see if you could contact the manufacturer and ask them. The seller should be able to tell you who makes them.
Not a bad deal. I looked up several sites that sell these kits and all are around 300.00. They don't seem to be vehicle specific either but some do require you to alter your wireing harness and some don't.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Well. I just did it...

I bought 2 of those sets.
1- H7 8000K for headlights
2- H3 10000K for fogs.

Paul

seviz@aol.com

Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a bad buy but I see that they got you on the shipping price. It shouldnt cost that much especially since it's not being shipped over seas. I've seen a couple of these kits on ebay around the 150.00 range.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hey sem, post some pics after you install em, im sure they'll look great

Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at Sem's cardomain site, he has a sweet whip...Idk how he affords all to do that at 17

Old 08-02-2007, 08:55 PM

Hey guys!! well I have installed my HID's in and I have a little problem. The HID's flicker continuously.... Sometimes though they stop flickering.

Please help....

Thanks,
Paul

seviz@aol.com

Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: sempaipaul

Hey guys!! well I have installed my HID's in and I have a little problem. The HID's flicker continuously.... Sometimes though they stop flickering.
I once installed an ‘off’ market brand name HID lighting kit in one of my cars and I got the same flickering that you are describing. The flickering is basically due to the lights warming up. Sometimes it would last up to about one minute. From what I understand, it is the normal, as they are not on par with the OEM Xenon lighting. Now if they are continuously flickering after about a minute then there is something else going on.

Ever notice on cars that are equipped with OEM Xenon lighting how the lights are initially blue, when turned on? Once they warm up the changed colors.

I learned a lot from a website called HIDPlanet.com.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: sempaipaul

Please help....

Thanks,
Paul

seviz@aol.com
Did you do this yourself or you had it professionaly done, because iam also interested in buying me one of these but iam not much of a electrical guy...

Old 08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  7.4 KB

Hey sem.............momo's right........they do take a minute or so to warm up....anything longer than that and you have some issues somewhere bro

Jim

Old 08-06-2007, 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Sultan

Did you do this yourself or you had it professionaly done, because iam also interested in buying me one of these but iam not much of a electrical guy...
My S-type came equipped with OEM Xenon lighting, so I don’t have experience with this car, but I have done other cars. The only problem I can foresee is accessing the light bulbs; otherwise it should just be a plug and play. Meaning once you install the new bulbs the kit should come with adapters that just plug in and you are done. You may want to zippy tie the ballast down just so that they don’t move around.

My car also has OEM mini projector fog lights and I plan on swapping them out, with regular size projectors and will also be Xenon powered. I have all the stuff around the house I just need to get her dun.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 AM
mep
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: ja00stype

Did anyone figure out how to get rid of the flickering on cheap hid kits? Thanks.
I had to buy a new kit. The ballasts were problematic. I got the new kit from http://www.buyxenon.com/
the owner's name is Jay and he has helped me a great deal with troubleshooting and all. I definately will NOT buy kits from eBay again - all junk unless it's a solid name like McCullough.
Trust me, I learned the hard/expesive way. One other thing. If you are replacing a defuct kit - replace EVERYTHING (bulbs and all). I only replaced the ballast from the new kit and had problems then changed everything out that came in the new kit and all is good now.
HTH!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Hello!!!
Yes I did figure it out!!! just go on e-bay and search for an HID relay.. and get one.. they are AMAZING!!!.. i didn't believe when I installed them that I had no flickering. the installation is easy to do, and they really do work.. my HID's look mad sick

Paul

seviz@aol.com

Old 09-14-2007, 07:02 AM
mep

Dude, That's awesome for you! I wish I would've known this before busting out the cash for a new set. Maybe I'll just take the other ballast and get some H3 bulbs and put 'em in my fogs.
Those relay kits look sweet! All plug n play to the ballast - not cutting - Nice!
What relay set up did you go with and where did you make you battery connection?

Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
mep

Big thanks sempaipaul for the eBay info! I was leary after I got my a few months ago and figured it was junk and got a new set. I just ordered the relay harness for the other ballast that I have and going to use 'em with the 4300k H3 I'm getting for the fogs.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Okay Sem, what set did you get because I want to get the same thing. I want something that is known to work for jags. BTW post some pics man.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

How are the HIDs compared to stock? Does it throw light all over the place? I've been debating if I should just get some cheap blue/white halgons vs the HID kit...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 PM
mep

I installed my 2 relays the other day and let me tell ya - relays are a MUST! Installing them took care of everything from flickering to faulty ballast igniting. When I get the relay kit that was mention by sempaipaul and the h3 bulbs I'll put 'em in and upload some pics for you guys.

Quick Reply: E-bay HID kit...