Sponsored by:

leather care

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 405 Posts
Default leather care

hello all

I thought I might share my new found product for the care of the leather interior of my car...well it is not a new product ,but an old tried and tested one which many of you may have already used....good ole saddle soap....I tried all of the higher end products...griots, lexol, etc and some others like armorall and mequiars...I was not happy with any of them...I was at my local farm supply store and came upon their tack area and there was saddle soap..I had completely forgot about this ancient leather care product...I used some on a backseat lower and wow was I impressed..I have owned this car for a little over a year and never have the seats and everything else leather looked, felt and smelled so good...it actually made them softer than they were and there is no risk of accidently removing the colorant...I have the light beige interior so I would see it right away...the whole can was 5 bucks and it will last a good long while...amazing how old stuff comes full circle in the end....I still think jaguar has the best leather I have ever been around....treat it right and it will do the same for you

The following 2 users liked this post by scottjh9:
beulahjag (06-06-2018), Datsports (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Y'all are going think this is crazy but ... it works well.

This is about removing discoloration and not about conditioning.

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner will cleanup stubbornly dirty leather in a jiffy WO doing any harm at all! No really, at least on modern automobile leathers. I was replacing an entire bottom seat cover on one of my cars with a pre-made new one and they suggested cleaning the upper half with this so that the two would match better.

I have the white interior in my STR and it quickly became dirty looking some of which was due to me driving the car with my brown leather jacket on. None of the traditional leather care products even phased that including Leatherique products which I've used on older more delicate interiors.

But this stuff is great!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 405 Posts

wow...I have a can of this in the cupboard...I will give it a test this weekend...I guess if you clean a toilet with it and then sit on it with no harm it makes sense to work safely