S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My S-Type (Mesh grill, Chrome headlight trim, tinted)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My S-Type (Mesh grill, Chrome headlight trim, tinted)

Nothing like a clean black car, but theyare a beyotch trying to keep clean. I like the grille and those chrome headlight accents look good too.

What problems are you having with your cd?

Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah GD, what problems are you having? Welcome to the forum and fine looking car. Grill is looking good.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where'd you get the chrome headlight trims from? And did you get them for the rear as well?

Old 08-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I love my chrome rear light trim on my S-Type 2005

Originally Posted by gdhaliwal23
I got them on eBay, theres 2-3 sellers but I didn't get the backlight ones. I feel the backlight trims will overdue it, gives it a cheap look, if your interested there are backlight trim pictures on eBay...

I, too, was careful not too look too gaudy with chrome add-on junk that looks like a Low-Rider car owner was trying to turn junk into a royal coach.

But you might want to check out what the rear chrome taillights look like WITH the chrome rings, versus the plain look without. That little bit of extra chrome balances out the other chrome on the rear: the horizontal strip on the trunk lid, and the horizontal strip on the bumper below. In fact, the trunk lid's chrome strip looks like it is an intended continuation as it extends straight out to both rear taillights. But...to each his own.... Personal style and taste never are considered right or wrong...except only when being judged by a beautiful woman with class, intelligence, sophistication, and stature. But who needs THAT? Right?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 172 Likes on 133 Posts

Are the light rings plastic or stainless steel? I am curious.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Chrome tailight rings being plastic or steel

All the chrome accessories I bought for my 2005 S-Type have been plastic (except for the front stainless steel mesh on the front spoiler). At first I was concerned that they might not hold up to weather elements and wind or that they might freeze and crack or bake in long hot summers and crack, etc. Also I feared that the chrome finish might dull with time or even wear out to expose an ugly gray or white plastic underneath. But....glad to say none of that has ever happened in the past 9 years of putting these accessories on my car. Just because these after market chrome accessories are plastic means they should be reasonably priced! NO SIR-ee!!! But considering the effective upgrade they give to your Jaguar's appearance, who cares what the cost is. And like I always tell people, "If you buy a luxury car, that means you have to demonstrate you have "class" by never complaining about what parts or repairs cost!

(For example: I had a defective moon roof rocker switch button and the dealer charged me $1,475 to replace the whole dome light/moon roof panel because the individual rocker switch was never made to be individually replaceable. NOPE! I had to stay cool and not complain. A while later, an auto body guy told me he fixed another S-Type moon roof switch by using a Ford Taurus rocker switch. He must have had to cut into the panel and engineer a modified version of the switch).

The following users liked this post:
davidladewig (09-03-2017)