S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One less noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default One less noise

Had the squeaky bed spring noise over bumps.

Was trying to figure out a separate issue and stumbled on a YouTube guy talking about a sway / roll bar bushing issue that may be causing a vibration. Turns out it didn't fix his vibration (nor mine) but that noise is now gone. I did note that the bottom bolt bracket over the bushing really wasn't very tight, no idea if that's really all it needed.

Jag dealer wanted $75 for a new bushing, I got a Moog off classiccarparts on ebay for $27.50 Cdn all in.

BTW, I only replaced one side, the NA driver's side. When I went over speed bumps I could line up the car and notice that the side making the creak was that side, and since the other bushing is directly below the DCCV I was happy that I did not have to replace that one.

Hopefully this saves a few dollars for anyone thinking about replacing other parts. The job was easy (for that side), done in about an hour without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by zigzewel; 11-27-2016 at 09:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (12-01-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure why I can't edit all of a sudden, I'm blinded by giddiness, my vibration is GONE! WooHoo!! A shop wanted to charge me $1500 Cdn to replace the drive train, with a used one at that. In your face...!

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (12-01-2016)