Spinall4,

$500 for floor mats?!!

Will you adopt me?
Too late- he's broke now.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
Too late- he's broke now.
Also keep in mind that this is for the back huge mat in the back, so if I get in a fight with the wife I can fold down the back seats and sleep in the back.

I'm only half joking on that one.

If I could add up all the money I've spent modding cars, $500 is but a drop in the bucket.

Seriously, they are nice mats. They even come pre treated with scotch guard.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealer Mats?

I just searched this thread about weathertech mats, and now am disappointed to learn they are not specific. Looking at the factory carpet mats it looks hard to get a generic mat to fit well in both the front and back. Does the dealer not sell heavy rubber winter mats for the s-type? I have bought dealer winter mats for my other cars without issue and for reasonable cost. )100-200 bucks I think. It would be also nice if they anchored to the floor like in my mercedes so they don't slide around up and under the pedals etc. Thx

Old 10-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

my dealer doesn't have anything available for the S-Type, except the standard mat, and he doesn't even stock that.

If anyone else does, I'd love to know about it.

So far, I've been unable to find a dealer (or anyone else) who has the above rubber-mats in stock. Everyone has confirmed that they are discontinued. I have placed an order with a vendor who said they had them. they sent me an email a day later saying estimated ship date is 10/31. to me, that means they didn't have them, and I'm expecting a follow-up email saying they can't get them. I'll let ya know.

If anybody finds them, lemme know. Or something similar.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

sure-nuf, got that phone call today: no-longer available.

sunnuva.....

Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,291 Likes on 2,818 Posts

In November 2011 I decided to put rubber floor mats in our S-Type. My intention was to find a set that fit reasonably well, and just lay them on top of the factory carpet floor mats. Being rubber, I knew they would mostly stay in place....

While I believed that there had to be a set of generic rubber mats out there that would provide for a proper fit, I knew an on-line order would be risky. There's nothing like placing the actual mat in the actual vehicle to see exactly what you're going to get....

I noticed a newspaper ad from Sears saying "50% off all automotive floor mats". So I got in the S-Type and drove there. Took both factory front carpet mats into the store with me to serve as my templates. Spent about 15 minutes laying a selection of black rubber floor mats on top of my factory carpet mats until I found a match that was nearly perfect. List price was $30, so with 50% off I paid $15....

A year later they still look great, fit great, and stay where I put them. Cleaning them means taking them out and scrubbing them with a tire brush and some soap & water. Two minutes later, they're sparkling clean....

No, they don't say "Jaguar" on them but I couldn't care less. They look just as good as the WeatherTech black rubber mats do and they cost a fraction of the price....

Old 11-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,356 Posts

LOL, FOR $500 Ide have to remove my shoes before I got in the car. I would google custom mats. I dont remember which company I ordered from 4 yrs ago. But got 5 new mats with "I LOVE DOGS" stiched into the front for my X wifes Bday in her Jag. I paid $200 and they were perfect fit with retension. She kept the mats, I kept the car

Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
LOL, FOR $500 Ide have to remove my shoes before I got in the car. I would google custom mats. I dont remember which company I ordered from 4 yrs ago. But got 5 new mats with "I LOVE DOGS" stiched into the front for my X wifes Bday in her Jag. I paid $200 and they were perfect fit with retension. She kept the mats, I kept the car
Thinking back, I might have also got on oh the nice aluminum foil backed sun shades that is custom fit to the front window with it. The mind is getting a little foggy these days, I must remember to get some ginkgo at the store if only I could find my keys.

I'm also about to order the molded rubber or plastic winter style mats for it. The previous owner of the Volvo took good care of the inside and I wanted to keep it that way. I even went so far as to steam clean all the carpet in the car, then treat it with stock guard after to keep it nice.

Plus the with the Volvo being a "r" model, not too many manufactures make a specific mat for the r wagon.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought some weathertech universal mats from Partsource (on sale this week) Set of four was regular $89.99 on for 58.99 this week. I got them home and spent almost an hour fitting and trimming and got them to fit pretty decent. The only thing I don't like is that with all the trim blocks, once you trim them to where you like, any water/ice snow will melt and run down the cracks and off onto the carpet because there is no raised edge. Oh well it's better than ice/snow and salt directly on the carpet mats.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovalmaster
I just bought some weathertech universal mats from Partsource (on sale this week) Set of four was regular $89.99 on for 58.99 this week. I got them home and spent almost an hour fitting and trimming and got them to fit pretty decent. The only thing I don't like is that with all the trim blocks, once you trim them to where you like, any water/ice snow will melt and run down the cracks and off onto the carpet because there is no raised edge. Oh well it's better than ice/snow and salt directly on the carpet mats.
I share your experience. I visited the Weatherteh site, specified a 2005 S-type and selected all-weather mats. Here's Weathertech's message:

All-Weather Floor Mats were intended to give the best possible protection for your vehicle floor. Many of our front mat applications are vehicle specific, while others are determined to be the best possible fit for the application from our many shapes and sizes.

They could have said "Your car is not an exact fit", but chose to say nothing and take the order. Real crafty.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,291 Likes on 2,818 Posts

Never order floor mats online unless they are specifically measured and made for your particular vehicle. Some generic floor mats will work well enough, but you must be in a position to actually match them up with your factory mats or place them in your floorboards to check their fit prior to purchasing them. That means going to an actual store and doing the dirty work, all with the store manager's permission of course....

Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought floor mats from a dealer on eBay. They are black carpet with a silver Jag logo. I think I spent about $85 for 4 and they look great. Unfortunately, I don't remember the dealer's name, but an eBay search would be useful.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to bring up a old thread, but i can't find a pair of two front rubber mats anywhere. Stupid question, but does anyone know if a XF floor mats would fit in a S-type? Or better if someone knows of a website that sells OEM S-Type rubber mats.