Forum meet / run Penrith to Haydon Bridge Sunday July 16th 2017

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Forum meet / run Penrith to Haydon Bridge Sunday July 16th 2017

Hi all,
Rich (Ashanti) and I have been talking for a little while now about an informal meet / run event shortly after Crieff. This isn't designed to be similar to the event just held last Sunday, more an impromptu meet and run event, a convoy of like minded enthusiasts from Penrith to Haydon Bridge.

The date is Sunday July 16th
The plan is to meet at KFC, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HW which is just off Jctn 40 of the M6 Link
We'll be looking to meet there at 10.00am and congregate, gathering the convoy together in preparation for the run

We'd be leaving KFC at 10.30 am for the run. The designated route will be along the A686 from Penrith with the ultimate destination being the Anchor Hotel at Haydon Bridge. The Anchor hotel seemingly does a nice Sunday roast from 12pm, £10.50 per person www.anchorhotelhaydonbridge.com

The route is the A686, A road worthy of driving allegedly, see here...... www.drivingroads.co.uk/hartside-pass-a686

"The actual Hartside Pass is only small part of this route, but the whole of the A686 is an excellent road to drive, so why just stop at once you have done the pass, complete the whole road and have a huge smile on your face after getting to the A69 near Hexam."

There'll be no prizes or raffles as per Crieff, although if I can, I may rustle up some "welcome packs" to try and include itinerarys, dashboard info sheets, forum decals, pens / pencils etc and anything else I can rustle up.
The route takes a little over an hour, around 1 hour 5 mins which should see us at the Anchor Hotel for around 11.40am there or thereabouts, with lunch starting at around 12pm

I've had an initial conversation with Steve, the Owner / Manager of the hotel and he reckons on spaces for around 15-20 cars, but may be able to accommodate more.

So basically a run to the gathering point, then a convoy to the meet point along some good driving roads, lunch followed by some craic and a little banter, putting faces to names, some veteran meet attendees and some new ones possibly.
Anyone up for it, please add your name to the list below and pm with your name, car details and mobile contact number. As usual I'll send text updates with info etc in the run up to the event on the day.

1. JimC64 XJ X358 Sovereign LWB 2.7Tdvi Jaguarforums.com +1
2. Ashanti XJ X350 SuperV8 Jaguarforum.com

Old 06-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all,
Rich (Ashanti) and I have been talking for a little while now about an informal meet / run event shortly after Crieff. This isn't designed to be similar to the event just held last Sunday, more an impromptu meet and run event, a convoy of like minded enthusiasts from Penrith to Haydon Bridge.

The plan is to meet at KFC, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HW which is just off Jctn 40 of the M6 Link
We'll be looking to meet there at 10.00am and congregate, gathering the convoy together in preparation for the run

We'd be leaving KFC at 10.30 am for the run. The designated route will be along the A686 from Penrith with the ultimate destination being the Anchor Hotel at Haydon Bridge. The Anchor hotel seemingly does a nice Sunday roast from 12pm, £10.50 per person www.anchorhotelhaydonbridge.com

The route is the A686, A road worthy of driving allegedly, see here...... www.drivingroads.co.uk/hartside-pass-a686

"The actual Hartside Pass is only small part of this route, but the whole of the A686 is an excellent road to drive, so why just stop at once you have done the pass, complete the whole road and have a huge smile on your face after getting to the A69 near Hexam."

There'll be no prizes or raffles as per Crieff, although if I can, I may rustle up some "welcome packs" to try and include itinerarys, dashboard info sheets, forum decals, pens / pencils etc and anything else I can rustle up.
The route takes a little over an hour, around 1 hour 5 mins which should see us at the Anchor Hotel for around 11.40am there or thereabouts, with lunch starting at around 12pm

I've had an initial conversation with Steve, the Owner / Manager of the hotel and he reckons on spaces for around 15-20 cars, but may be able to accommodate more.

So basically a run to the gathering point, then a convoy to the meet point along some good driving roads, lunch followed by some craic and a little banter, putting faces to names, some veteran meet attendees and some new ones possibly.
Anyone up for it, please add your name to the list below and pm with your name, car details and mobile contact number. As usual I'll send text updates with info etc in the run up to the event on the day.

2. Ashanti XJ X350 SuperV8 Jaguarforum.com
3. Pegasus3710 XJ X358 Sovereign Jaguarforums.com +1

Total cars 3
Total Attendees 5

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 12:26 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Please add my name to the list 😎

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Rob M600RJC
Please add my name to the list 😎

Nice one Rob
There may be 3 or 4 of us from this neck of the woods, we can convoy down together.
I'll be in touch nearer the time.

Cheers Rob
Jim

Old 06-06-2017, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

2. Ashanti XJ X350 SuperV8 Jaguarforum.com +1
4. XJRecosse 2007 XJR Jaguarforum.com +1
5. Alec Escolme X358 SuperV8 Jaguarforum.com
6. Rob M600RJC XFS 3.0D 2011 Jaguarforums.com +1

Total cars 6
Total Attendees 11

Old 06-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

7. John9285 XJ X358 2.7Tdvi 2008 Jaguarforum.com

Total cars 7
Total Attendees 12

Old 06-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds good book me a slot please
davy

Old 06-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

8. XKRDavy F Type 5.0 V8 2017 Jaguarforums.com +1

Total cars 8
Total Attendees 14

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7 & 8 collect 4 on the way

Old 06-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

9. Super350 X350 Super V8 2003 Jaguarforum.com

Total cars 9
Total Attendees 15

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7 & 8 collect 4 on the way

Old 06-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

10.Fidelthecat XJ X358 LWB 2007 Jaguarforums.com +1

Total cars 10
Total Attendees 17

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7, 8 & 10 collect 4 on the way

Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 5 or 6 so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

Total cars 10
Total Attendees 17

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7, 8 & 10 collect 4 on the way[

Old 06-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 4 or 5 so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

9. Super350 X350 Super V8 2003 Jaguarforum.com 2
11.Mentepazza XF 260 2.0D Jaguarforum.com +1

Total cars 11
Total Attendees 21

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7, 8, 10 & 11 collect 4 on the way

Old 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 4 or 5 so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

Total cars 11
Total Attendees 21

Old 06-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 3 or 4 so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

12.Fletch S type 3.0XS Jaguarforum.com +1

Total cars 12
Total Attendees 23

Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 2 or 3 so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

13.1955DavidR XK150 Convertible 2007 Jaguarforum.com

Total cars 13
Total Attendees 24

Old 06-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks to Super350, Simon has done a recce of the road and put together some photo opportunity locations.

One of which is Langley Castle, which looks great.....could be a meet event all on its own at some point perhaps?

That said, I've emailed the manager asking permission to take a brief 15 min stop and photo opportunity on the way to Haydon Bridge, this on the premise that we hold various meets and perhaps Langley Castle could be a candidate for one of the next ones, 50 cars / 100 people or so sound good?

Anyhow, will await response and hope for the best, other than that we'll be struggling to find somewhere decent / safe for a photo opportunity on the way.

Thanks again Simon, much appreciated
Jim

Old 06-13-2017, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member

Just had a chat with Steve the manager at the Anchor hotel

He's talking about trying to cordon off the car park so we all get in and perhaps setting up a small area for us all to have lunch together too

Jim

Old 06-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Just off the phone to the Manager at Langley Castle having sent an email earlier, this off the back of Simon's recommendation from his recce a few days ago.

Having explained who we are and what we'd like, that we'd only take perhaps 15 - 20 mins for a photo opportunity with the cars / Castle in the background, he seems fine initially but still has to check further.

I did explain that we have meets year round and perhaps this would be a good location to hold one in future?
Castle tours, nice scenery, spot of lunch etc etc

Also that the details of the meet would be posted cross various forums / FB pages etc etc and so they'd benefit from that too.

Long story short Simon reckons its the best spot and I'm sure he's bang on. It's been well received initially so just waiting for as its a definite / maybe at the moment
Langley Castle www.langleycastle.com

Cheers
Jim

Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member

Only really spaces for another 1 more so get your name in quick if you're up for it

Hi all,

13.1955DavidR XK150 Convertible 2007 Jaguarforum.com
14.Caldean XK 5.0 Heritage Jaguarforums.com +1

Total cars 14
Total Attendees 26

Possible Convoy from Glasgow 1,3,6,7, 8, 10, 11 & 14 collect 4 on the way

Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

* Now Fully subscribed *

Hi all,