DAB radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DAB radio reception

I have a 2018 XF sportbrake portfolio and the DAB radio keeps repeating itself almost like it’s on rewind it happens a few times a day and I also get crackles and interference. I have had other cars and never had this the dealer says it’s the radio 2 signal from different masts causing the issue but I have had a jag assist loan car for 3 weeks now and not had this happen once. Has this happened to anybody else
thanks Martyn
Ps car still in dealer looking at the fumes issue I posted about before

Old 03-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Default Dab radio XF sportbrake 2019

Have exactly same issue , car in at Jaguar dealership awaiting software/ dab module fault diagnostic . They have said its user error but after putting a £30 dab radio in car with me , I had no problem on reception with cheap portable radio in footwell yet car dab radio repeated / skipped / went backwards / no reception etc... in relation to portable radio which stayed tuned in exactly to the same transmitter. (Both tuned into north west mast ) 2019 XF sportbrake
Will post results after driving car around .

Originally Posted by Martyn1962
I have a 2018 XF sportbrake portfolio and the DAB radio keeps repeating itself almost like it’s on rewind it happens a few times a day and I also get crackles and interference. I have had other cars and never had this the dealer says it’s the radio 2 signal from different masts causing the issue but I have had a jag assist loan car for 3 weeks now and not had this happen once. Has this happened to anybody else
thanks Martyn
Ps car still in dealer looking at the fumes issue I posted about before

Old 03-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Default Hope they didn’t sell you mine

I returned the car December 18 as they could not fix the Carbon Monoxide entering the passenger area never did get round to the radio or the lane departure faults and Jaguar finance took the car back as faulty and paid me compensation for the period. I then bought a BMW 6 series drive the same roads and the DAB is never a problem keep pushing them

QUOTE=Curly;2198582]Have exactly same issue , car in at Jaguar dealership awaiting software/ dab module fault diagnostic . They have said its user error but after putting a £30 dab radio in car with me , I had no problem on reception with cheap portable radio in footwell yet car dab radio repeated / skipped / went backwards / no reception etc... in relation to portable radio which stayed tuned in exactly to the same transmitter. (Both tuned into north west mast ) 2019 XF sportbrake
Will post results after driving car around .[/QUOTE]

Old 03-02-2020, 11:03 AM

After software update and all connections checked / re-crimped / dab radio has stopped defaulting to national signal from local signal.
Hopefully sorted but only time will tell.
Will keep posted .
Cars are now too software orientated as last top spec . Ford Mondeo drove me crazy after lighting module upgrade corrupted motherboard and I ended up making my own coffee , as well as sales reps as I was in Ford dealership more than the staff were as they had annual leave and sickies . Me I just had a very sad car which I couldn’t wait to get rid of. I always buy new cars to avoid problems so I thought.