US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Jag mechanic needed in Tampa area

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Jag mechanic needed in Tampa area

Hi, new member here, I have a 2012 Jaguar XJL and I would like to know of a good mechanic in the Tampa Bay area. No issues currently just trying to be proactive.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 687 Posts

I am guessing that this is your first Jaguar? Is it still under warranty?

Since 2004 I have bought two new cars from Jaguar of Tampa and two from other dealers far away. If you want/need to take it to a Jaguar dealer then JoT is a safe choice. I have always had fair and honest dealings with them and their techs are very knowledgeable. My service adviser Frank has taken care of all four of my cars.

You should consider taking your car to JoT just for oil changes now and build a relationship. It is an effort that will pay dividends whenever you need something serious.

JoT gets all my oil changes and any serious stuff that takes special tools. I do all the stuff in between by myself. Along with getting free advice/support I have even had their techs give me parts from their own personal stash when their parts guy could not deliver.

If you are looking for an independent shop capable of handling the complexities of the X351 then perhaps someone else can chime in. I have no experience there.