US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Anyone near Chantilly, VA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Anyone near Chantilly, VA?

I'm seriously considering buying a 2012 XKR-S, if I can find one with less than 10k miles at a good price.

Then I find that there are TWO (one red, one blue) at Jaguar/Land Rover of Chantilly. Does anyone happen to have seen these cars in person?

Both are listed as "never been titled"; I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Rich

Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rw99
I'm seriously considering buying a 2012 XKR-S, if I can find one with less than 10k miles at a good price.

Then I find that there are TWO (one red, one blue) at Jaguar/Land Rover of Chantilly. Does anyone happen to have seen these cars in person?

Both are listed as "never been titled"; I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Rich
Rich,

I actually work here at Jaguar/Land Rover Chantilly.

Those two XKR-S's are actually what we refer to as "MSO" vehicles (MSO stands for Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) which is what is used in place of a title. It precedes a title and is sent to the dealer directly from the Manufacture (Jaguar in this case). The in service date and warranty may have been activated however there is no owner of record as of yet for vehicles in this condition. We sometimes will exchange the MSO for a title in our state however the title would have our dealership's name as the owner.

Let me know if you would anymore information regarding MSO and XKR-S. We also have the original window stickers for both of these vehicles.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I think I can translate...these cars were owned by Jaguar, never titled and accumulated the miles in some fashion...such as being used in the Jaguar Driving Events for as test cars for magazines....

In other words they have not been owned by anyone to date....therefore not titled as the manufacure still owns them legally.

Bobert

The following users liked this post:
Rw99 (10-24-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bobert
I think I can translate...these cars were owned by Jaguar, never titled and accumulated the miles in some fashion...such as being used in the Jaguar Driving Events for as test cars for magazines....

In other words they have not been owned by anyone to date....therefore not titled as the manufacure still owns them legally.

Bobert
This perspective has changed how I'm looking at any XKR-S I can find. I've seen several CarFax reports for XKR-S's that show miles accrued without a "private" owner... and services at Cole European (here in the bay area) and Gaudin (Vegas) fit with PR usage, driver's experiences, and exotic rentals. Not what I want to buy.

Thanks for the translation!

Rich

Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ftype?

Have you ever considered an Ftype? I'm into the body style on these cars a little more...

Andy

Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought a 2012 XKR-S at Chantilly last year advertised as same. Took six months to get the title only after Secretary of State suggested I call the Attorney Generals Office. Car was a convertible delivered on bottom of open carrier in the middle of winter. Car was delivered with two plugged tires and front splitter covered with synthetic carbon. None of this was disclosed even though they reported the car "as new". After contacting an attorney they refunded me for one tire and $150. for a Detail. I have been advised to pursue replacement of the $3000. front splitter. Chantilly is owned by a current retiree who is not involved in the business . My General Counsel did extensive research on all the dealers.

The following users liked this post:
Rw99 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by edehut
Bought a 2012 XKR-S at Chantilly last year advertised as same. Took six months to get the title only after Secretary of State suggested I call the Attorney Generals Office. Car was a convertible delivered on bottom of open carrier in the middle of winter. Car was delivered with two plugged tires and front splitter covered with synthetic carbon. None of this was disclosed even though they reported the car "as new". After contacting an attorney they refunded me for one tire and $150. for a Detail. I have been advised to pursue replacement of the $3000. front splitter. Chantilly is owned by a current retiree who is not involved in the business . My General Counsel did extensive research on all the dealers.
Whoa, holy shiiite! That's worrying. I decided that I'd restrict my search to one-owner cars that could be traced to a state registration.

Thanks for posting. Buyer beware on those two XKR-S's, check 'em out VERY carefully. Including title, apparently.

Rich

Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by edehut
Jaguar XK XKR S | eBay

love the french blue but proceed with caution- this was driven hard I bet