US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Jaguar event in Dulles

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts
Default Jaguar event in Dulles

Anyone else going to the XE drive event in Dulles this weekend? I have a reservation at 10am on saturday morning for the drive. I think it will be fun to complete the loop on the XE since I have been involved with it almost from creation.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Anyone else going to the XE drive event in Dulles this weekend? I have a reservation at 10am on saturday morning for the drive. I think it will be fun to complete the loop on the XE since I have been involved with it almost from creation.
My son and I are coming down to it. Have the 130 time. Bringing my FTYPE.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Where will it be held? I may be around on Saturday.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

FRG, it is a by invitation event. You might be able to show up and look, but the driving part may be out of the question.

Mbourne, I will have my 2012 XJ there. Granted, I have a feeling that there will probably be a lot of Jaguars in the parking lot.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

Correction my appointment is at 1.

True on a lot full of Jags😀

You may still be able to register by going through your dealer to get the invite forwarded

Old 10-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

FRG, it is being held at the Dulles Expo Center.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

For those going, I will be there Saturday morning. If you see a guy walking around in a black t-shirt that the back talks about US Navy Chiefs, that will be me. Don't be afraid to stop me and say hi.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member

I'll likely be wearing a New England Patriots sweat shirt and expect to arrive around noon.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1. The scene with me petting the cat was not included.

2. There is no way to review the video before we leave the event. If I could have done that I could have pointed out the missing scene.
I have a concern about the Audition tour and a problem with the video.
This may need immediate attention since it will affect the success of the tour. I went Fri Oct 29, 2016 at 2:30 PM to the Chantilly VA Washington DC event. The whole time I was there, there were not many customers. A lot of the staff and drivers had to stand around waiting, although they were very good with engaging me.
I learned about it in the right side Facebook page marked sponsored. I did not receive any email or post mail about the event from my local dealers (Tysons Corner, VA and Chantilly, VA) or Jaguar. My addresses and email are registered with all of them.
I did not hear anything on the radio or see anything on the TV, or local print media. I don’t know if there are posters in the local subway and bus system.
You went to a lot of effort and expense for the tour—drivers, directors, sets, make up, displays, and I would like your efforts to pay off. I strongly suggest immediately reviewing the publicity plans for this area and the rest of the tour.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rflexible
1. The scene with me petting the cat was not included.

2. There is no way to review the video before we leave the event. If I could have done that I could have pointed out the missing scene.
I have a concern about the Audition tour and a problem with the video.
This may need immediate attention since it will affect the success of the tour. I went Fri Oct 29, 2016 at 2:30 PM to the Chantilly VA Washington DC event. The whole time I was there, there were not many customers. A lot of the staff and drivers had to stand around waiting, although they were very good with engaging me.
I learned about it in the right side Facebook page marked sponsored. I did not receive any email or post mail about the event from my local dealers (Tysons Corner, VA and Chantilly, VA) or Jaguar. My addresses and email are registered with all of them.
I did not hear anything on the radio or see anything on the TV, or local print media. I don’t know if there are posters in the local subway and bus system.
You went to a lot of effort and expense for the tour—drivers, directors, sets, make up, displays, and I would like your efforts to pay off. I strongly suggest immediately reviewing the publicity plans for this area and the rest of the tour.
I went with my son today. Great flow of folks but not overly crowded. The event was invite driven through web interest to JLR and from dealers providing names. It was not intended to be mass marketed as I understand it. Video link arrived via email right after I was done driving the XE on the lot courses. All of them were also projected on the wall in the lounge. It too a while to load but it was clever. In all well crafted event and largely well executed. I'm glad it wasn't a mob scene as it allowed for a lot more interaction.

My only real criticism was the XE is a very nice car but the all wheel drive 3liter has wicked understeer in the lot course. Only in 2 of the four turns did it seem planted. That aside on the road it was outstanding. Also the F-Pace handled extremely well. It's a beast and I'd buy one in a minute.

All said and done, bravo JLR. Now it's time to broaden out the fun for more to see.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Agreed; nice event. Well organized.

Was pleased with the xe; enjoyed sport mode in the f-pace very much.

Thanks-
Mag

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar event in Dulles-photo666.jpg   Jaguar event in Dulles-photo104.jpg   Jaguar event in Dulles-photo786.jpg   Jaguar event in Dulles-photo790.jpg   Jaguar event in Dulles-photo989.jpg  

Jaguar event in Dulles-photo495.jpg   Jaguar event in Dulles-photo404.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Veteran member

I had a blast too at the event. I have to admit, the XE did have some nice get up and go. Granted, the AWD didn't allow for any real tire pushing and spinning. Now the trick will be convincing the wife that she wants one.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

I received invites from both Chantilly and Tysons Corner dealers. My wife and I went on Sunday and we had a great time. I liked that it was not crowded so we were able to spend time in each of the cars on display and we each took a longer test drive in the F-Pace than most dealers provide on their standard loop. The XE's performance on the short parking lot course wasn't anything to write home about, but I'm also used to driving sports cars and sport bikes regularly. It felt more smooth and responsive than my XF.

Although the event was fun, we both agreed the only new Jag we would want is the XJ (perhaps an F-Type but I haven't driven one). The interiors are just not as nice as our 13 XF portfolio. Plus we liked the exteriors better before the recent facelifts on XF/XJ. If they come out with higher trim levels in the near future we may be more interested.

The F-Pace was a decent car but the seats were very uncomfortable for me. I felt the exhaust made it seem like the engine was trying hard all the time rather than being naturally sporty. From inside, the exhaust reminded me of an Infinity but not as good.

Overall I'd say the event was a success because we shared our video and photos with friends and family which is good advertising but the cars themselves just did not stand out enough for us to want one, other than the XJ which I already liked/wanted but decided to save a little by going with an XF. All staff were very polite and we had a great time.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

It was a great event. I was able to main an appointment for Saturday morning. I really liked the "commercial". I was there from 9:30 until after 1pm. I drove the XE and the F-Pace and enjoyed both. I took the XE diesel for a spin and it was much better than I thought it would be. It has torque of 318 FP whereas the 3L Supercharged has 331 FP.

I took my time in the inside car display and tried to get my wife interested. I think she wants an F-PACE. The driver with us said that it shares many of the same components which I found interesting.