US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Looking for a Jag tech in the Hampton Roads area of VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looking for a Jag tech in the Hampton Roads area of VA

I've just bought a '04 VDP with 31K on the odo. I do my own maint. and simple wrenching but want an expert backup. Someone who will only fix what I ask and not push to do more. Needs to be familiar with air suspension. Please contact and we'll get together.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Muleears, having lived in the Hampton Roads area, I would say to run over to Little Creek road and find an auto parts store called "Bap Geon". Anything you need for your car, they will most likely have. Talk with them and see who they may recommend. My interaction with Checkered Flag was, well, I think you can figure it out. Lets just say I only dealt with them one time.

I did most of my own work when I was down there on my X-Type. I now do my own work on my XJ. If you don't mind a little bit of a drive, I am sure I can help you out. I am now up in California, MD (about a 3 hour drive). I have the schematics for your car and I am sure we can handle most of what you would need done.

The following users liked this post:
Muleears (06-17-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 04:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Muleears, having lived in the Hampton Roads area, I would say to run over to Little Creek road and find an auto parts store called "Bap Geon". Anything you need for your car, they will most likely have. Talk with them and see who they may recommend. My interaction with Checkered Flag was, well, I think you can figure it out. Lets just say I only dealt with them one time.

I did most of my own work when I was down there on my X-Type. I now do my own work on my XJ. If you don't mind a little bit of a drive, I am sure I can help you out. I am now up in California, MD (about a 3 hour drive). I have the schematics for your car and I am sure we can handle most of what you would need done.
I am familiar with Bap-Geon, have bought many parts from them. I'll check with them and see what they say. Thanks for the offer of work, I'll keep you in mind when I encounter more serious stuff. I'm not real excited about checkered flag either. Thanks.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, I know this is older now, but Abacus Racing is really the best place you'll probably find locally here. They are just off Baker Road in VB off Northampton Blvd. Rob there has own a million Jags and they do it all there, super great guys to talk with, very knowledgeable!

The following 2 users liked this post by Benjamin Smith:
Jahmiata (08-17-2018), SS4PK (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I appreciate it, Ben. I just got an F-type, and info like this is good to know.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to Chandlers Precision Automotive. He is a certified Jag tech and a great guy. Excellent work, reasonably priced.
Tom