US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

My name is Matt I'm a new owner of a 2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 I need to know the ins and out of the vehicle I love the car would just like to further my way into making the car better then what it's it's at right now my new hobby please help rather hear from you guys then go on Google and search about the Jaguar like to hear from people who actually own the vehicles before thank you or they just know a lot of stuff about jaguars

Old 11-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Matt, I am assuming you are up in Fairmont, MD. That may help find people in your area that would be familiar with the car. I used to have an 03 X-Type with the 3.0L engine (same engine, just a slightly different stroke). So, I am all too familiar with the X-Type. If you have questions, let me know. I would say that you need to stop by the X-Type section as you will find all the info that you want there.

For the most part, you will need to know what the "big 3" are when it comes to vacuum leaks, be polite to your headlight adjusters, do not race light to light or you run a risk of having to replace your transfer case, and if you are going to have any suspension issues, odds are it will be with the rear/upper control arms. There are lots of discussions on each of these topics, just do a search and you will find tons of information. If you need manuals and whatnot for the car, let me know. I have a large electronic library of information relating to the car.