US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Summer shows and events

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Summer shows and events

Hello fellow Midwesterners:

This is just a friendly encouragement to let the Forum know of any summer car shows, drives, or other events in your neck of the woods. A few of you have done so already. Thank you! And if anybody is interested in doing something in the Madison, WI area, let me know! I continue to think it would be fun to arrange a little get-together and drive.

Thanks and cheers!
Scott

Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything in Minnesota?

@ Scott: Thanks for starting a thread and trying to get people together. If I was in the madison area, I would join you for a cruise. I currently live in the Minneapolis Area.

If there are enthusiasts in the Minneapolis Area, point me the right direction so I can get involved. Thanks

Old 08-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for responding, Phrozt:
...as you can see, getting folks together has been harder than one might think. It's understandable, though. Our region is huge - I mean, that would be at least a 4 hour drive for you to come my way, just to get here! Perhaps in the spring I'll start a meet-and-greet thread for each state on our region and then see who bites. The other idea I had was to hook up (which I haven't yet) with one of the British car clubs in Wisconsin. I think there's one in Madison. While not Jaguar specific (indeed, lots of MGs and Triumphs it seems), we could potentially partner with those clubs for events, etc. As it is, though, I'm already beginning to think about winter storage. Never have I been so aware of the limited window we Midwesterners have for pleasure drives. And I never even drove my Model A this year. Not once

You may want to check in your area to see if there is a British car event that you might like to go to, and if there is, let us all know in case there are others who can come. Then just be sure to find each other at the event and take some pictures.

Cheers,
Scott

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default good idea

Scott,

Partnering up with British car clubs is a great idea. If I find any events or shows in the area I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them. I understand what you mean about winters quick approach especially this year. Weather was super crazy and for the longest time I didn't even think we would have a summer.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Thanks on behalf of the relevant forum members for persevering Scott, I really appreciate you have a huge area making things 10 times more difficult.

Hopefully things will start to come together at some point....

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.