US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Jaguar of Huntington, NY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jaguar of Huntington, NY?

Could anyone please offer feedback on service tech knowledge and general overall service offered by Jaguar of Huntington, NY? I am looking for a highly knowledgeable service department for dealing with the new 2011 XJ and the first model year growing pains.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Huntington Jaguar

I purchased my XF R out of state and have been bringing it to Huntington Jaguar for service. Overall, I am happy with the service. At first they were not very accommodating (i.e. loaner car, appointment time) since I did not purchase from them. But once I made it clear I would be servicing my car with them they came around. I've never had a problem making or getting an appointment. Their service hours are good.

As far as the actual service, I am generally happy. They have corrected the little issues that I have brought to their attention (with the exception of a shaking passenger seat, which they say is due to the stiffness of the car, not sure if I believe that) within a reasonable time frame.

I will continue to bring my car there based on past experience.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
MDabney (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the feedback George, I will be trying to get them to service an "out-of-state" purchase also so hopefully they will show me the same courtesy as they have you. Hey, maybe I'll just tell them that "George" sent me.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I use them for service too, and they have been great. I've dealt with Russell Amay and Kim and all have been very accomidating. I did not purchase the car from them, but my mother purchased her 07 XK from them so they were accomidating as a family member.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

while under warranty they were great.
the 50,001 totally chaged tune.
would quote me prices that were off charts.
Im now trying JagPro in Bellemore.
He fixed a bunch of things- said I needed new front brake pads- did the pads and now bringing them back to him as they squeak like heck if i touch them.
lets see how it goes.

great neck? the one guy i was working with was TERRIBLE. told me my car needs to have antifreeze changed every 2 years-
meanwhile its an 09 xf with 53k and long life coolant /100k or as needed
he told me to change when it was at 20k

Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM

seriously dont waste yr time with them- unless under warranty…

call them up ask "how much for rear brakes rotors and pads"
they will give u like $700-800

then call jag pro belle more NY
he is like a little shop all jags only OEM
and he's like $400.00

just tried him 2x
one for error code the other for brakes.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I cannot comment on Huntington, but don't go to Great Neck. I had a horrible buying experience there and can only assume service is the same.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mixed results with Huntington - usually took them 2 or 3 tries and a number of days to get the job done right. I had the car returned with grease smudges on the seats and headliner, parts falling off and more things not working. Inexcusable IMO. Not sure what the service advisers actually do - they don't seem to know very much about the cars they service guess they really are just clerks. When you mention forums like this they react like we're all a bunch complainers who don't know anything about cars. They should read this stuff - they may actually learn something about the cars they service and their customers who really like and care about their cars and apparently know a lot more about Jags then they do!!!. The only place where I had decent service a few years back was Heritage in Freeport when I had my xj 300. I hope Mike is still there. Been to JagPro once about 20 years ago (xj40) - seemed ok for a small shop. Nothing fancy as I recall but prices more reasonable than dealer even back then.

Just curious - what was your issue with Great Neck.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by nsl1
Mixed results with Huntington - usually took them 2 or 3 tries and a number of days to get the job done right. I had the car returned with grease smudges on the seats and headliner, parts falling off and more things not working. Inexcusable IMO. Not sure what the service advisers actually do - they don't seem to know very much about the cars they service guess they really are just clerks. When you mention forums like this they react like we're all a bunch complainers who don't know anything about cars. They should read this stuff - they may actually learn something about the cars they service and their customers who really like and care about their cars and apparently know a lot more about Jags then they do!!!. The only place where I had decent service a few years back was Heritage in Freeport when I had my xj 300. I hope Mike is still there. Been to JagPro once about 20 years ago (xj40) - seemed ok for a small shop. Nothing fancy as I recall but prices more reasonable than dealer even back then.

Just curious - what was your issue with Great Neck.
Screwed up registration on the car and acted like they were doing me a favor to fix it. They never returned a call during the process and it wasn't until three days before the temp expired and I let loose on the manager that something got done. The manager called me once everything was fixed and acted like he wanted some major congratulations for fixing their screw up - a simple thank you was not enough. Sorry, but If I have to call 6 times over two weeks to get something fixed and you never call me back when you say you will, you don't get a Nobel Prize - you get a "it's not worth my time to complain to corporate." Delivered the car with 45 miles worth of gas (I was understanding because hurricane Sandy had just come through but definitely was still ticked off) when I live 35 miles away and all gas stations had huge lines (1 hour plus), didn't have NAV CD's when I picked the car up, no phone connector and no offer to order one for me (even if I paid), and just an overall level of rudeness that I didn't care for. I liked the car and got a great deal, but would rather pay a little more to someone I can trust to service the car and would establish a relationship with. Plus I knew more about the car than the salesman - and I mean basic stuff like engine size, model differences, and what type of fuel it needed. The salesman told me 89.

This is my first Jaguar experience and it left me with a negative impression of corporate and the dealers overall. In contrast, my Audi dealerships in Greenwich and sometimes the one in Great Neck right across the street treat me like an all star. They do things for free that I expect to pay for and just smile when I ask how much.

Last edited by caviarjag; 03-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by jwmciti
seriously dont waste yr time with them- unless under warranty…

call them up ask "how much for rear brakes rotors and pads"
they will give u like $700-800

then call jag pro belle more NY
he is like a little shop all jags only OEM
and he's like $400.00

just tried him 2x
one for error code the other for brakes.
That's not news, that's expected with any dealership. Doesn't make them bad, because it's Jaguar of Huntington......A friend of mine has E350 Benz, he gets charged over $1300 for brakes at the dealer.

Originally Posted by caviarjag
I cannot comment on Huntington, but don't go to Great Neck. I had a horrible buying experience there and can only assume service is the same.
Those guys at great neck are the worse. Extremely unprofessional, not educated enough on what they sell, irresponsible and most of the cars on the lot are all beat up.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 PM

ok,,,, lets do it
had tpms problems-all going round and round

huntington- charged me 130 red me codes - told me $700 module receiver and install

great neck- didn't even look at it - and i explained what i wanted checked - it was " its the modulator and here is the price"

went to heritage- who i was once warned about
they spent well over an hour adjusting calibrating
charged me like 100
fixed perfectyl,

I would BUY a new jag from Huntington
they killed gret neck- GN tried to jack up lease last minute
huntington was 165 per month less

xf premium lux with B&W sound and those side silver lovers ??
4 years still gets the "nod"