US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Question for Boston, MA area members

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Question for Boston, MA area members

My wife's 2012 XJ-L was recently "rear-ended" by some old fool who wasn't paying attention to the road, and didn't realize that traffic had stopped for a red light. He plowed into her, and the impact shoved her into the car in front of her. Sadly, the car is messed up on both ends.

Our local Jag dealer doesn't have the necessary equipment/shop facilities to do an aluminum repair. Therefore, they sent it by flatbed, to 'Hollis Auto Body', located in Ashland, MA.

I have no personal experience with Hollis, as I live 300 miles away, but the dealer assured me that they do really good work. Anybody here have any experience with them, that you'd care to share?

Thanks in advance........

Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leadfoot4,

My father lives the next town over from their shop in Ashland. There is always a mass of expensive vehicles (mostly newer model Mercedes) there having work done.

He has never had work done there himself, but guys he knows at another local body shop recommended them years ago when he needed paint repaired in his Corvette.

From what I know and he tells me, they have a good reputation.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

I have dealt with Hollis Auto Body for years. You are in good hands. They have been an authorized aluminum repair facility for years.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

Thanks for the input!!