US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Rim damage, shop recommendations, MA

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rim damage, shop recommendations, MA

Was feeling lonely a couple of weeks ago and decided to give the curb a kiss (at low speeds). Luckily the extent of everything was a realignment. However, I did manage to scape the rims. Just moved to the Boston area and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about where to get this handled, and what kind of $damage I should expect?

Also, looking for a good interior and exterior detail service (preferably Northshore).

Thanks,

Old 08-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to use a place called Rim and Wheel Works in Waltham, Ma to repair rims back in 2015'ish when I had an Audi Allroad. They always did an excellent job and provided loaner rims while working on yours...might be in/out service now..I don't know.
For car wash (sort of detailing) there two really good places I know of north of Boston. In Everett on RT 16, is Simonize Car Wash...they do an excellent job in/out and always run specials. In Revere, there used to be a place called the Barn...near BJ's that I've been to a few times. Often I will schedule some meetings just north of Boston when my car is dirty for an excuse to go to Simonize. They often have specials if you buy a book of car washes (mini in/out details).

Old 07-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Received 223 Likes on 116 Posts

I got a Rupes bigfoot 6" and a buncha compound/polish/clay/wax etc...haven't found anyone for detailing in MA so I started doing it myself. Made a bit of money detailing my friend's dad's 2011 Audi A4...which had never been so much as washed. I burned a lot of hours after work doing that...

Not sure that's helpful, but it's a thought. Financially very worth it to do it yourself, but good god do you have to have some time.