Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Northwest (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-northwest-64/)
-   -   July Meet and Drive! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-northwest-64/july-meet-drive-118596/)

dkirwan83 07-19-2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by CleverName (Post 1015574)
So lets cast this in stone.
Saturday July 26th. Meet for lunch at BJ's, Redmond Town Center, then a 30 minute drive to St Edwards State park for ABFM. You also have the option to taking in the exotics car show before lunch, but be aware some will already be pulling out by 11:00.

I'm going.... Who else?

I have a pending camping trip that day, but if that falls thru (flaky friends make this likely) I live next door to BJs in Redmond and St. Edwards was my childhood church which I'm particularly familiar with... i'd be down for sure.

CleverName 07-20-2014 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by dkirwan83 (Post 1018778)
I have a pending camping trip that day, but if that falls thru (flaky friends make this likely) I live next door to BJs in Redmond and St. Edwards was my childhood church which I'm particularly familiar with... i'd be down for sure.

Awesome, I kinda hope you make it, but not at the expense of goods times with your camping buddies!
I have 3 others (not Jags) joining in as well that day, and I could certainly use your local knowledge of the streets to get from point A to point B! (I'm coming bright and early from the Kitsap side of the water.)

Welcome to our forum BTW!

dkirwan83 07-23-2014 06:45 PM

so camping is off so i will be in for this one.

the ABFM site says "cars on field" @ 8am and cutoff of 11am... i think that means people showing up before 11 can still enter/park in the show....?

CleverName 07-23-2014 10:18 PM

I show my Jag at the Exotics, so I arrive at RTC around 8:30.
BJs is right there, so I plan on an early lunch (11:00ish), then head over to ABFM.
I do not show at ABFM, so I just pay to park and go check out the cool cars and leave as I wish...

If you want to show at ABFM, that is your call, but they lock it down to being stuck there for too long for my taste.
We are picking up a fellow owner in an F-Type at the Exotics, and a couple driving an Evo, so it will be a group drive to ABFM.

dkirwan83 07-24-2014 11:43 AM

Yeah, I decided not to show as well since my car isn't exactly "pristine" haha. The drive up there should be sufficient.

KenAdamson 07-24-2014 01:25 PM

There is a non-negligible chance I can make it out in the morning for some "gawking at purty cars". I won't enter, myself, but I'd love to see some of my Jag brethren out there.

Let me talk to the comptroller and "keeper of the schedule" about what my Saturday morning looks like in relation to my afternoon responsibilities ;)

Ken

PS - I had to take the Minas intake off my car. Got too many RP and Lean codes. I think the hybrid fuel system isn't coping with the copious amounts of new air. That, or I introduced some sort of leak aft of the MAF :/ For now, I'll just replace the panel filter with a K&N.

CleverName 07-24-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by KenAdamson (Post 1022347)
Let me talk to the comptroller and "keeper of the schedule" about what my Saturday morning looks like in relation to my afternoon responsibilities ;)
Ken

PS - I had to take the Minas intake off my car. Got too many RP and Lean codes. I think the hybrid fuel system isn't coping with the copious amounts of new air. That, or I introduced some sort of leak aft of the MAF :/ For now, I'll just replace the panel filter with a K&N.

Cool!

Seems jaguar has issued a recall of sorts, bout de-sensitizing the o-2 sensor.... It was posted on our XK side of the forum, so I have no idea if it applies, but I understand it to be a software patch... You might look into it...

Hope to see ya Saturday!

V

KenAdamson 07-24-2014 02:07 PM

Well, after the hybrid/FrankenJag fuel system shenanigans, the car will eventually have to go back to them anyway. It's not able to set all the OBD monitors "complete". It's not technically a problem in Washington, since the car doesn't have to pass emissions here, but - since this is supposed to be the "correct" fix for the fuel tank leak issues in the S-Type going forward - they will probably need to be able to pass emissions in other states...

<gripe>
Also, I'm getting the stupid "fuel cap leak" MIL right now... Been dragging my feet getting a new cap. I know it's not going to be the cap, but will wind up progressing up the EVAP system until I've replaced the whole thing. Maybe I'll start at the purge valve/canister after replacing the cap and work my way back down the line :/
</gripe>

rbhostet 07-27-2014 12:44 PM

I would love to attend and I plan on being at the next available, unfortunately I won't be back in country until sometime in August. Anything on the calendar for the fall?

CleverName 07-27-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by rbhostet (Post 1024097)
I would love to attend and I plan on being at the next available, unfortunately I won't be back in country until sometime in August. Anything on the calendar for the fall?

Late September/Early October we make a popular run to Leavenworth!
First year we did it in mid October only to get hit with snow on the passes. To avoid a repeat, the second year we did it the last weekend of September, which worked out well. I think that will be the timeline we will use again...

Vince

rbhostet 07-27-2014 05:26 PM

Unless the world falls apart, I should be in town for it. Thanks for the info!