US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Northwest Car Events 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts
Default Northwest Car Events 2012

A calender of upcoming major events dedicated to cars!

February 16th - Exotics @ Redmond Town Center Season Opener! - Redmond WA
February 15 - 17th - Spokane International Auto Show - Spokane WA
June 20 - 22nd - Cool Desert Nights - Richland WA
July 17th - All British Field Meet
More? Need Input!

REPEATING EVENTS:
Saturday Mornings - Exotics @ Redmond Town Center - Redmond WA (Warning: Turnout is very weather sensitive!)
Saturday Mornings - Cascade Cars and Coffee - Portland Area
1st Saturday of the Month - Caffeine and Gasoline Griot's Garage, Tacoma WA

PAST 2012 Events
June 2nd - LeMay Auto Museum Grand Opening -Tacoma WA
June 10th - Cruise to the Goose - Evergreen Air Museum, McMinnville OR.
CANCELED- June 16th(Moved to July 7th) - Jaguar Day Exotics @ Redmond Town Center - Redmond WA
June 23rd - Concours dElegance at the Wood Lynnwood WA
July 1st - Distilled Displacement Car Show - Woodinville WA
July 1st-3rd - Pacific Northwest Vintage Races, Pacific Raceways Kent WA
July 7th - Jaguar Day (per Seattle Jaguar Club) Exotics @ Redmond Town Center - Redmond WA
July 28th - All British Field Meet Bellevue WA
July 29th - Cruise the Narrows Car Show, Gig Harbor WA
August 5th - Columbia River Concours d'Elegance and Car Show
August 11th - Seattle Jag Club
Concourse @ LeMay
August 18th - NW Audi Event - All Makes Welcome. - Mt. St. Helens Tour (See post #18 below)
August 25th - 35th annual LeMay Marymount car show. (Bring walking shoes, 'cause this is BIG!)

August 26th - Driven to the edge car show - Beaverton OR (See post # 28)
September 9th - Kirkland Concours d'Elegance and car show, Kirkland WA

November 14th - 18th. Seattle Auto Show
November 29th - Movie Night, sponsored by LeMay Club Auto - DeLoreans

I'll add more to this top post as you bring them to my attention!

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 12-10-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Update Events
Old 05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Default Exotics at Redmond WA

Just attended my first "Exotics at Redmond Town Center". A great day, and an amazing group of cars and owners.
wow...

I'll definitely go back on the 16th of June unless the weather is against us... (sniff... it was )

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 07-31-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Delete attachments
Old 06-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything in the Boise, ID area in June?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member

Couple Cats at the LeMay Grand opening
A worthy museum to go see BTW...

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 07-31-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Weather is looking iffy for E@RTC for Saturday -- let's hope that we get a break and it's dry!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  19.3 KB

Nice post guys, good info too........

Hopefully you get some traffic here and maybe a few attendees / meets in the offing at some point.

Feel free to "BUMP" it to keep it live and see how it goes from there....

Good luck

Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Rahtok
Weather is looking iffy for E@RTC for Saturday -- let's hope that we get a break and it's dry!
Agreed,

As you well know, 5 days out is still a very rough forecast at best!
2-days prior is about the time I start to actually pay attention, and have still seen them completely wrong!

Other notable event this Fathers Day weekend: Airshow in Olympia, and the first major part of the Space Shuttle trainer arrives (via a Super Guppy) at the Museum of Flight. Not exactly car related I know, but my son and I will head for MoF right after E@RTC if all goes well!

Hope weather permits us a great Saturday!

Vince

Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I am going to try and attend this weekend if the weather is good. See some of you there?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by flycasterwa
I am going to try and attend this weekend if the weather is good. See some of you there?
Hour and a half drive for me... but if its dry weather, my son and I will be there! We pulled in around 9:30 last time due to a slow start to our day. Hope to do a little better on try two...

Vince

Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM

I'll definitely be there. It's hard to believe that that much eye candy is legal...

Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 PM

Bummer. E@RTC cancelled for tomorrow, and the reschedule is for a weekend I'm out of town. /sigh!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

NNNOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

To heck with it.... I'm licking my car clean anyhow......

But no, with it canceled, I wont be making the hour and a half drive. And I will also be out of town for the 7th.......

What a downer on a Fathers Day weekends too.....

Vince

Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

So, I see the Audi club is planning a road trip to St. Helens (Windy ridge) on the 18th of August.

As a member, I can attend but I was thinking more about gathering a few of us plucky fellows (and you lovely lady's of course) to show off our British pride by arranging a drive the same day.
A little British/German rivalry could prove great sport but in general the Audi crowd is a pleasant and friendly group with as much passion for their cars as we have for ours.

I was thinking we could actually run independently of their event, so we may or may not see them along the way. If we encountered their caravan (will be at lease 20 cars if I recall my reading of last years attendance) we could mingle or continue our separate ways...
Once at the Windy Ridge parking lot it would be interesting to see which brand draws the larger crowd of onlookers! May have to "Set the watch" for those pesky ME-109's wanting to strafe the lot of us...

Anyone think this might be a fun idea, or maybe plan a different date for a Windy Ridge drive?

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 06-24-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM

I certainly enjoy drives. My weekends are quite crowded for August (have to fit Dirt Biking in!), but I will participate if I can.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

I understand the crowded summer days.... Lucky for me they mostly center on cars anyhow!
Would be great if the weather and itinerary allow you to consider this...

Still hope to catch you over a E@RTC some day too, but I may only try one more time to see it this summer when it is in full swing...

Doin' Hurricane Ridge in the Olympics July 21. So far, me, a few Audi's and a Subie are in... Fellow Jag owners always welcome!

V

Need a few more drives planed out the summer as well... Still looking at North Cascades on a two day, but it is tough to fit it in...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Veteran Member

Here is the writeup on the upcoming Audi Event. I think a friendly "British Invasion" would be a welcome addition. Anyone up to a road trip?

Mt St Helens / Spirit Lake Toure: Saturday, August 18, 2012

Audi Club Northwest introduces another new event for this year. The Mt St Helens / Spirit Lake Toure will highlight the eastern side of Mt St Helens and the surrounding area. The tour route will include driving around Mt Rainier National Park as well as the forest roads on the eastern side of Mt St Helens National Volcanic Monument. This family event consists of superb scenery along the route, as well as some fun highway and forest road drives in a relaxed, social environment. First time participants do not need to be Audi Club Northwest members, nor do you have to own an Audi to drive in this event.
The tour will begin in Enumclaw, go around Mt Rainier National Park to Packwood and Randle, and from there follow forest roads 25/26 to the Spirit Lake viewpoint. After lunch overlooking Spirit Lake, the tour continues on twisty forest roads, back through Randle and Packwood, returning to Enumclaw.
The group drive will meet at 8:00am in the Safeway parking lot in Enumclaw. Safeway is located at the intersection of Highways 410 and 164, the address is 152 Roosevelt Ave E. Enumclaw 98022. Look for event leader Mark Yonker in a yellow Hyundai Tiburon. A MANDATORY drivers meeting will begin at 8:10 am. You must call the event leader if you are going to be late for the drivers meeting. Please arrive with a full tank of gas as the first fuel available will not be until Packwood.
Please arrive at Safeway early if you need to purchase lunch or gas before the tour begins.
The group drive will depart Enumclaw at approximatley 8:30am, and follow highway 410 east. The route will include great views of Mt Rainier (weather permitting), and cross Cayuse Pass. Continuing along highway 123, the drive will continue around Mt Rainier National Park to Packwood. These first two portions of the drive are crossing the Cascade Mountains, and are very scenic and enjoyable mountain roads.
Upon leaving Packwood the tour continues along highway 12 to Randle, where the group turns south, onto FR25 and FR26 to the area overlooking Spirit Lake. This portion of the drive is on twisty forest roads, and is very fun to drive, where twists and turns abound. These little used roads are on the east side of Mt St Helens, and again weather permitting will have wonderful scenery and photo opportunities.
Please bring your own lunch and drinks, as we will enjoy eating and relaxing with superb views of Mt St Helens and Spirit Lake. After lunch, drivers will continue to enjoy various paved forest roads in the area, before returning to Randle. From Randle the tour will follow the opposite direction of the morning route, returning via Packwood to Enumclaw at approximately 6:00pm. An optional dinner can be enjoyed in Krain Corner (near Enumclaw) or drivers can return home individually at this point.
In keeping with the relaxed atmosphere of our tours, drivers may join or leave the group drive at any point of the tour. However, please contact the event leader if you wish to join the tour or leave the tour along the route.
As many portions of this tour are on forest roads with no services and minimal cell phone service, drivers are encouraged to be sure their spare tire is full and to bring basic tools for auto repair as required for their vehicle.
Registration is open now at Audi Club NA - Northwest Chapter > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com. For further information or questions please contact ... Clevername

Mark Yonker
Event Leader

Last edited by CleverName; 08-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Vince,
I am interested in joining the group for the Rainier/St. Helens tour, but I don't want to be the only Jag in a sea of Germans. I would have to get up around 4:30 to make it down in time from Everett and I have Mariner tickets the night before, but it still sounds pretty cool. Do we just show up and tag along? Let's get a group together!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Swimref
Vince,
I am interested in joining the group for the Rainier/St. Helens tour, but I don't want to be the only Jag in a sea of Germans. I would have to get up around 4:30 to make it down in time from Everett and I have Mariner tickets the night before, but it still sounds pretty cool. Do we just show up and tag along? Let's get a group together!
I can understand the early start concerns, as EnumClaw is 2 hours from my house as well.
I'm all for the run... And if weather is good, you can count on my participation (Overcast days give you zero views of the mountains).

The bright side to all this is that Audi drivers not only love their cars, they love to drive. This is why the door is open to all... If you love to "drive", you have both an invite and common ground with all that are there. You'll also see the occasional Stang, Viper, BMW and such, so in comparison you'll just attract attention and admiration for bringing yet another European car to the event.

The caliber of people are mature (if you see a backward ball cap anywhere, it means someone brought a VW! ) and all are fun-loving.
Fear of crowds and possible car damage is non-existant, as all respect each others vehicles to the highest degree.

If we can get enough Jag participation, we can certainly set out own pace and route. (I'm not in agreement with back tracking the same route, where I would rater return to Puyallup via Morton > Elbe >Hwy 7. which cuts the return time to I-5 by over an hour. (Its already going to be a long day)

Another offer to all: Weather permitting, we have at least 4 cars heading to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic Nation Park on the July 21st. So far I'm the only Jag (and probably 20 years senior to any others) in the group. Anyone wants to meet up and join us I'm more that willing to arrange the meeting points and do the introductions. PM me if you like... Again this is all about the "drive"....

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 07-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seatle Jag Club concourse Aug 11 @ LeMay
Jaguar Drivers & Restorers Club

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (07-16-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Anyone doing the All British Field Meet Saturday the 28th?

My son and I are going to hit the Exotics @ Redmond Town Center first thing, and then head over to ABFM somewhere around noon....

Vince

Quick Reply: Northwest Car Events 2012