US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

British Automobile Owner's Association of ABQ

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default British Automobile Owner's Association of ABQ

Wow. FINALLY I found a car club in my town. Have yet to find anything else that isn't a low-rider based club. But imagine my surprise when I found them, and then found out they're meeting this coming Wednesday at a BBQ joint right down the road from me!! Bet I'll be there!

http://www.nmia.com/~bsavage/baoa/

Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

For best results take pics early. Then post the following day. Have fun;-)

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 PM

I shall! Good idea!!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM

I forgot to take my camera , but this Saturday, they're hosting a "tech day" at one of the member's home. I'll remember to take my camera then, since there's supposedly a fellow who will be there that will help me remove the heater blower motor assembly.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Sounds good, but were there any other decent cars there. In fact your report is well, just a little short, don't you think? LOL

(PS if you want the book drop me an email, naturally it is FOC, makes interesting reading)

Old 11-19-2009, 12:52 AM

Email sent. Thanks a heap in advance for the book!! I'm sure it will come in very handy. You let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you.

Sorry for the lack of a report. There were two excellent Jags at the meeting. There was a 64 (I think it was a 64) E-Jag cabriolet (is that the term for convertible Jags?) that the guy has had for 40 of it's years. He's retired military, and this thing looked as if it had just pulled off the showroom floor. He did a frame-off resto about 15 years back, and has kept it garaged for that entire time. Immaculate to say the least. Claims that it's worth six figures. Truth or stretched? I have no idea...lol.

Then there was an MK2, although I'm not sure what year it was. Maybe 50s, because there wasn't hardly anything in the cockpit. He had some trouble pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant...lol. Some electrical connection went awry, and we had to push this thing back UP into the parking lot. I'd rather push my XJ12 anyday. It was a really nice looking beast, too. Interior was in excellent shape...much roomier than mine.

Overall, the meeting was cool. I was the youngest person there (and at 38, that should tell you something about the company I kept that evening). Very informative, but a bit less formal than I thought a monthly meeting should have been. Only discussed a couple of specific meetings coming up, and the rest was general banter. Ah, well. They're having a tech get together this Saturday. I will take pictures then, since one of the guys from the club is supposed to show me how to pull the blower motor from within my dash (if I don't get to it first with the help of that book from Translator!).

Anyhoo...about half of the club owns Jags. The other half own other British cars: MGs, Austins, etc.