US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Headcount?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 6,240 Likes on 5,442 Posts
Default Headcount?

Well it's nice to be first to post in this section of the forum.

I'm in the Phoenix area and pass an incredible amount of Jags compared to the North West where I was working most of last year.

It'll be interesting to see how many owners show up here.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Headcount?

I'm in San Angelo, Texas (western/central texas). I think there are a grand total of 6 jaguars in my town. Myself and one other S-type, 2 X-types and 2 older XJs...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dallas Texas here. Lots of Jags in town. I'm a member of one of the two Jaguar clubs in town.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I'm in Tempe (Phoenix) AZ. I see lots of S and X types but not alot of XJs or XKs zipping around my neck of the woods. Tonite is my first night in the forums so I'm looking forward to exploring in here. I purchased my '01 VDP in September and I think this car will be with me for a while. And hopefully the forums will give me some good insight just as Scionlife did with my xB...

Tom

Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Received 6,240 Likes on 5,442 Posts

Hi Tom,
Welcome to the forums, you are on the other side of town from me, but maybe we will manage a phoenix meet up one day.

Cheers,
Norri

Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Oklahoma City

Old 01-07-2008, 01:17 AM

Houston, TX here

Lots of Jags....(Infact lots of cars...no public transport!) We have 2 Jag dealership here. 1 Igoto ismomentum Jaguar.
Btw Reddrawf, I bought mine from Dallas

Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

We are a new and used parts provider located in Houston, TX and have service shops in Austin and Dallas. As Jaguarnaut said, it's hard to swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a Jaguar. We are getting our third Land Rover dealer, too.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Katy, Texas here.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Hey Norri,

Yeah it would be nice to organize a Phoenix meet if enough people appear. Otherwise I'm always at my coffee shop over here in Tempe when I'm not working the day job- Steve's Espresso.

Tom

Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM

Hey Jaguarnaut and Ken,
You guys are in my neck of the woods (San Antonio area). I bought mycar outside of Houston and it had been serviced at momentum. We got Barrett Jag in SA. Lots of XJ's around here. SA also likes Mercedes and lexus....lots of them.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Hello, from Tucson!

My wife and I have a 1998 XJ8. Its our first Jag and other than outrageous maintenance costs (over $6,000 in the past year), we love it - well, at least I love it. My wife wants me to get rid of the Big Cat, and my reply..."yeah, when you pry the steering wheel from my cold dead fingers." She's the one who wanted it in the first place, and I tried to warn her about maintenence costs - that went in one ear and out the other! So now she went out and bought a new Acura, and I have the Jag. Gotta admit, her Acura has a few more bells & whistles then my Jag (Nav. system, XM radio, DVD player, etc.) but hey, its still not a Jag! What my wife doesn't understand is that a Jaguar isn't "just transportation"...its an investment! So far I have tosay thatwe've invested a lot, but damn its beenworth it! Nothing drives like, feels like, handles like,smells like, sounds like or brings a smile to the drivers face like a Jaguar!

My Big Cat and I get up to the Phoenix area every once in awhile, and shecanstillturn heads even in that opressively traffic congested metropolis. We were at Sugar Daddy's in Scottsdale not too long ago, and of course had to valet park. Because the valet spoke up andsaid, "sweet ride, man", he got a $20 tip in stead of four bucks! People just instinctively know quality and elegance. My wife though a $20 tip was little over the top, but I was smilin' all the back to the Old Pueblo.

Remember,if you can't play with theBig Cats - better stay in the litter box."Jaguar. There are no substitutes." Hey, my friend...happy motoring in the valley of the sun- Jag style of course!

Ron

Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 97xkay8

Hey Jaguarnaut and Ken,
You guys are in my neck of the woods (San Antonio area). I bought mycar outside of Houston and it had been serviced at momentum. We got Barrett Jag in SA. Lots of XJ's around here. SA also likes Mercedes and lexus....lots of them.
Yup! and 97aggie is also in Houston (Katy) I myself live in Katy area.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Katy is cool. Midnight rodeo!!

You have to put the top down to wear your cowboy hat though.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

Ft Worth, TX for this owner.

Strangely Jaguarnaut, I traveled to Momentum to buy my XK. Around these parts, I know of TEX who has another quartz XK8, but haven't seen him around here yet...and I've been looking. I see other jags all over the place, mainly older crowd (no offense guys/gals) in the big XJs and S-types. Not alot of XK's been seen though.

Would love to join a club or something similar for some jag comaraderie, but don't know if I would have time.

What I really love - little kids giving me the thumbs up when I pass them or get passed (which surely isn't becuase I am driving too slow). I get drunk girls hanging out the window waving at me from time to time, but that hasn't happened in awhile. I suppose they want a ride in the vert? Ah, the joys of ownership.

JMan, I hope to get a 'horn blow' if you ever run across me. Get some pics up of your x-type, and I'll look for ya around town.

anyone ever want to arrange a "lunch" or get together, I highly recommend a hooters for the location. Girls love to oogle the rides and it is a great atmosphere to talk car.

I think this is a great opportunity, and appropriate regional section to either recommend, or warn of dealerships/shops that either excel at jag service and repair, or tend to fall short of the anticipated goal. I may start a thread specifically discussing this soon. dealerships/shops.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprise, Arizona a west suburb of Phoenix. I would also like to see a gathering of members and thier Jags at in the area

Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM

They doesseems like that but fortunatley I have a CPO so no cost............but hassle

Try contacting Billy. He's a Nice guy. He always help me out. Infact I just got the engine light back on on my way back from work [&o]Another trip I guess.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 AM

My xk was maintained at momentum by the previous owner and it sure seams like they took it to them alot.
Most repairs under warranty.
Keep posting. You'll get answers. The guys on this forum aregreat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headcount?