US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

What should I do with my 2001 XKR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What should I do with my 2001 XKR?

I have a 2001 XKR Convertible, in Titanium Gray with an Oatmeal interior.

I picked it up as second owner in 2005 and had a few wonderful years with it before some troubles caused me to have a replacement reconditioned engine fitted around 2008/2009.

At the same time I decided to convert it to the 2004/2005 final facelift body style, which I never completed.

The car has 76k on it, the engine less than 50k, the body kit is mainly on, but not painted properly and moving it from garage to garage over the last few years it has picked up a number of scratches and dents.

It has a clean title, no rust, a new wood interior (due to milky clear coat on the original), and is in good mechanical shape. I drive it every few months for a hundred miles or so.

I now have to sell it, so the question, with it being worth so little, is should I put more money in to it to make it more desirable, or just cut my losses and sell it for whatever I can get?

I'm thinking that finishing off the body kit and having that painted might add to the value, but don't want to pour money into a partial respray to get rid of the scrapes and dents. Or should I just sell as-is?

What would you guys do?

Thanks,

Tim