US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

FYI SoCal Cat Lovers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
Default FYI SoCal Cat Lovers!

Just to make it clear: I am not in any way afiliated with the outfit I will tell you about!

Place is called "Elite Auto Parts" and it's located in Sun Valley (search Google and you'll find it), close to Burbank Airport. The owner's name is Rick (tell him Daniel from the Jag Forum sent you!), and he is a stand up guy, and takes great care of his clients.

Elite specializes in LOW MILEAGE wrecked Jaguars, and Rick has (literally!) TONS of usefull parts, and his pricing is VERY reasonable. From little odds and ends, to engines, transmissions, interior parts (any!), to switches, electric modules, glass,......you name it, he's got it!

I just purchased almost complete NED interior for my VDP, for a VERY reasonable price. Whatever parts you need to keep your cat pretty, and purring, give Rick a call.

Just a satisfied client.

Last edited by danielsand; 11-07-2012 at 05:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by danielsand:
jchavez76 (11-07-2012), JimC64 (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi danielsland,

I could have used this guy last week before I bought a new VVT gear for $500. Oh well... New is probably better anyway. Thanks for the info. I will defenitely call your guy in the future.

Regards,
Joe

Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by jchavez76
Hi danielsland,

I could have used this guy last week before I bought a new VVT gear for $500. Oh well... New is probably better anyway. Thanks for the info. I will defenitely call your guy in the future.

Regards,
Joe

New is ALWAYS better, you are right, but......

I have very analitic (or is it annal?) way of looking at that. Comes down to math.
All parts have their lifespan. The whole car has it's lifespan. So,....if your VVT failed at X number of miles/years, how long will the used part from a vehicle that has HALF (or less) miles on the clock, last? The math says it should last at least 50% more of your curent mileage (all things being equal!). And if you buy that part at 20-30 cents on a Dollar,.......you get my drift. The new VVT you bought will probably be fully functional when the car is beyond repair, and dies. So for less than 200 (or there about) you could've bought the used unit, that would last until the car dies,.....or something like that.

When I "invest" in parts, I always try to count how many miles/years this part will "live", and then I decide whether to go with a new one, rebuilt one, or used.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by danielsand
New is ALWAYS better, you are right, but......

I have very analitic (or is it annal?) way of looking at that. Comes down to math.
All parts have their lifespan. The whole car has it's lifespan. So,....if your VVT failed at X number of miles/years, how long will the used part from a vehicle that has HALF (or less) miles on the clock, last? The math says it should last at least 50% more of your curent mileage (all things being equal!). And if you buy that part at 20-30 cents on a Dollar,.......you get my drift. The new VVT you bought will probably be fully functional when the car is beyond repair, and dies. So for less than 200 (or there about) you could've bought the used unit, that would last until the car dies,.....or something like that.

When I "invest" in parts, I always try to count how many miles/years this part will "live", and then I decide whether to go with a new one, rebuilt one, or used.
Very well put. However, another factor is how much time and money you will spend to replace a defective used part. I looked around briefly and I chose not to look much harder. The used part was about $100. Considering that the timing cover would have to come off if I got a bad used part, I chose new.

I had a 98 VDP that had a noisy VVT gear and it stayed that way till I sold it. Drove me nuts though.

However, if the used part was a 30 minute drive away, (assuming no traffic or taking the motorcycle) I have to admit that my impulsivity would have changed my decision for me.

Thanks again for your useful post.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elite Auto Parts

Hi danielsland,

I agree with you. I have had use him on my 92 Jaguar Vanden Plas last year and i am so satisfied with his help.

I was able to restore my seatbelt in good working condition.

I was also able to change/upgrade my seat from a newer donor car that he has.

Hes a very helpfull guy and i highly recommend him.

I think his tel nos is 818 767 0445
his exact address is 9944 Glenoaks Blvd. Sun Valley CA 91352

I am not in anyway affiliated or connected with the guy.

just trying to share my experience.

regards.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM

Yup, that's the address and the phone. I didn't know (and was too lazy too research) if it's allowed to post the address/phone. Thank you for confirming my opinion about Rick. I had a pleasant experience over there (can't say that for MANY other salvage yards).

Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right down the street from me .plan on taking a gander soon