US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

San Diego Jag owners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Jag owners?

Hi all, had a quick look around and didn't see anything specific so making a thread.

About to hopefully get a 74 XJ6 with a 383!! Would love to know of some locals round here to get together with, talk about mean cats and have a meet.

Will no doubt post pics as soon as I get the Jag!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by McJag
Hi all, had a quick look around and didn't see anything specific so making a thread.

About to hopefully get a 74 XJ6 with a 383!! Would love to know of some locals round here to get together with, talk about mean cats and have a meet.

In Poway....Cheers

Old 11-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mira Mesa here!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by McJag

Originally Posted by apexhunter
Mira Mesa here!
OK....that's 3

Old 11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in PB. We should meet for happy hour sometime at a spot near the four of us!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by AGinPB
I'm in PB. We should meet for happy hour sometime at a spot near the four of us!
Sounds good to me...however I have limited time left in San Diego (moving to Carmel on Jan 1 - and some travel before that)...

Are you all available on weekdays? I am...if others are we can do it on a weekday afternoon....but I am going to assume not

so let's pick a day....somebody has to start so I will propose a Saturday as most should be available...Let's say coffee at 10 AM on NOVEMBER 23 - Does that work for some of you?

Once we know who is coming we pick a central place.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 AM

That day works for me.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Works for me too.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM

Are we meeting up tomorrow??

Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by AGinPB
Are we meeting up tomorrow??
Sorry, I have been without internet....Mother had an emergency surgery and I am helping take care of her (no internet at her house), hence I will not be able to make it....then taking of for Europe and moving to northern cali on January 1....so I will not be able to meet you all.

Cheers

Old 12-22-2013, 11:12 PM

In San Diego here too. I want to join Jaguar Club of SD, but they don't seem to have any exciting meets/events going on. Mostly cruises, social hours, etc.

Anyone know of track days/autocross or larger meets we can caravan to and attend? I'm always sort of a white elephant at the import shows, even though Merc/BMW/Audis are in abundance haha.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 03DEW98V8
In San Diego here too. I want to join Jaguar Club of SD, but they don't seem to have any exciting meets/events going on. Mostly cruises, social hours, etc.

Anyone know of track days/autocross or larger meets we can caravan to and attend? I'm always sort of a white elephant at the import shows, even though Merc/BMW/Audis are in abundance haha.

I just pay attention to other sites for larger meets. The next one near San Diego is in Irvine. Its the Tour D'Orange on January 1st. That should be super fun.

Every Saturday at 7am in Carlsbad Outlet mall is a car get together to chat with other enthusiast. Or just drive to Irvine for the big Cars and Coffee every Saturday. But show up by 6 or don't expect to get in.

Alll the track days etc are normally at Willow. Just keep checking it for open track days or special track days with insert brand of car here.

The following users liked this post:
bluenoserules (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all, I'm a fairly new Jag owner in Oceanside. I bought a "03 STR and have been putting out small fires (not literally though). I'm hoping to meet other cat owners for events, tech info etc. Let me know

Mike

Old 12-25-2013, 05:37 PM

I live down in PB, but work up in Oceanside. Maybe we could meet up for lunch sometime. Thursdays and Fridays work best for me. Let me know.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE="AGinPB;878832"]I live down in PB, but work up in Oceanside. Maybe we could meet up for lunch sometime. Thursdays and Fridays work best for me. Let me know.
Sounds good AGinPB, I'm in the Central Valley visiting family till early January. When I'm back lunch sounds great. Have a safe New Year.
Mike

Old 12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Hey Guys,
Although I live in Los Angeles, I am in the San Diego area on a regular basis and would love to join you guys sometime. I'll even sweeten the pot, I'm a partner in a large sports bar/restaurant on Coronado island and I'd be honored to pick up the tab for whenever the next meeting is. Keep me posted or send me a pm, and I can provide phone numbers and email addresses.

Thanks,
Ted

Attached Thumbnails San Diego Jag owners?-dscf0524-1280x960-.jpg   San Diego Jag owners?-dscf0522-1280x960-.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 PM

I'm in Escondido.
Would be fun for all of us to schedule something.

Regards,
Chuck

Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
Hey Guys,
Although I live in Los Angeles, I am in the San Diego area on a regular basis and would love to join you guys sometime. I'll even sweeten the pot, I'm a partner in a large sports bar/restaurant on Coronado island and I'd be honored to pick up the tab for whenever the next meeting is. Keep me posted or send me a pm, and I can provide phone numbers and email addresses.

Thanks,
Ted
That's a pretty sweet pot....brings a nice ride and picks up the tab! darn, just as I'm leaving San Diego...;=)

Have fun guys!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by tberg
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Ted

Lets plan on a small meet there. I love Coronado. Thank you for the sweet deal, but I would not expect you to pick up the tab.

I am open almost any weekend. Its hard for me during the week.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I just received a Christmas gift for golf at Torrey Pines, so let's all pick a weekend night, Saturday is probably best for me, although Sunday would be fine as well. The restaurant is called Coronado Firehouse Bar and Grill and is on Orange Avenue where it ends at the old Ferry Landing, 126 Orange. Great bar, lots of fun, 20 big screens all tuned to different sporting events. Everyone involved in the ownership are all car guys. We even had Carroll Shelby's group at the Grand Opening, and Kevin King's 725 hp tribute Firebird Trans Am sitting in the restaurant for the first 6 months. Can't wait.
Ted

Quick Reply: San Diego Jag owners?