Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your wheels

Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Show me your wheels

Having recently purchased my X Type I will soon be looking to change the standard 17" alloys it came with and I would like to see pictures of jags with diffirent wheels on to give me some ideas, so heres a good chance for you's to show off you motors and give me something to drool over, dont forget to post the size and style along with the photos. Thanks in advance

Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Verde Kaos 18" on 04 X

2004 X - Type...18" Verde Kaos wheels w/Hankook V4's.
Purchased from http://www.performanceplustire.com/
Package price $1400 included rings & lug nuts...free shipping.
Ride is slightly harder than stock 17" Caymans with Connential tires.
No rubbing under the fenders.
Tested up to 100mph...smooooth...many compliments...I love em'

The following users liked this post:
dinaros (12-13-2012)
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadge
Having recently purchased my X Type I will soon be looking to change the standard 17" alloys it came with and I would like to see pictures of jags with diffirent wheels on to give me some ideas, so heres a good chance for you's to show off you motors and give me something to drool over, dont forget to post the size and style along with the photos. Thanks in advance
20x8.5 and 20.9.5 Modular Wheels from Highline Wheels. Paid $299 plus shipping for all four in December. I already had my 235/30/20 tires, so this was the cheapest wheel purchase I've ever made

Old 04-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bodybycrayton
awsome wheels can u send me information on were u purchased and size of tires and what is the off set I have a awd x type andrecrayton@yahoo.com 216-385-4520
not sure if you're referring to me, but I'll assume so. I bought these from a seller on ebay. This is my second set of Modular's and both have been good - finish work isn't quite as good as a BBS or something, but they are strong wheels and overall quality is higher than many replica wheels.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine are still on order. I'll post pics as soon as I get them!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk
Mine are still on order. I'll post pics as soon as I get them!
what wheels did you order?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
what wheels did you order?
I'll show you when they come in.
I called Vivid Racing Friday and they said the wheels were still in customs. Hopefully I'll get them this week or early next week as I've got a track event with Audi Club NA June 2-3...

Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

alright, keep us posted!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exexpat
20x8.5 and 20.9.5 Modular Wheels from Highline Wheels. Paid $299 plus shipping for all four in December. I already had my 235/30/20 tires, so this was the cheapest wheel purchase I've ever made

i tried to find an ebay seller on ebay selling your type of rim or something similar but i couldn't, do u rememeber the seller. thanks

Old 10-30-2010, 03:20 PM

I think I forgot to post these, LOL.
Work XSi's in 17x8.5". I'm thinking next set I may go with 17x8" instead. I'm running 245/40-17's and with the aftermarket swaybars I had a lot of grip at the track!

I've since added custom centercaps but I'm not sure I have any of them hosted online yet. I actually just took them off this week to go back to the winter tires.

Jaggyx, I'd also like to thank you for pushing me to do the ss brake lines. The new lines along with some decent track pads really transformed this car!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Dammit exexpat, those are nice looking rims. I wonder what they would look like on my S-type? My S-type is silver like your X, so I'm guessing they would look good on my ride too.

Decisions, decisions...

Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Dammit exexpat, those are nice looking rims. I wonder what they would look like on my S-type? My S-type is silver like your X, so I'm guessing they would look good on my ride too.

Decisions, decisions...
Thanks, I've pretty much gone through all of the options. "I like shoes."

This is an anthology over the last 5 months...

The newest ones from a 2010 Jaguar XF - Cygnus in 18x8.5 ET49 (I like these, just waiting for my 20mm spacers for the back then I will get better pics, too.):

Then the BBS I had until the Cygnus (didn't like them and selling them):

My snow tires and wheels in Nov/Dec (***** the monster truck 225/40s - they will on again if it snows):

Staggered 20s in Oct:

Porsche Sport Technos July-Sept:

Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 PM

exexpat,

A couple of questions - I can't for the life of me find the rims you have on this car - I read above who made them, but is there a model name or number I can query on the internet? Also, do you have a side profile picture of this car and rims? I'd like to see the profile versus the quartering shot you have here. Thanks in advance! Rob

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member

exexpat,

A couple of questions - I can't for the life of me find the rims you have on this car - I read above who made them, but is there a model name or number I can query on the internet? Also, do you have a side profile picture of this car and rims? I'd like to see the profile versus the quartering shot you have here. Thanks in advance! Rob

They are Modular wheels. The company that imported them went out of business I think. This guy appears to have some stock: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/1_out_of_million/m.html . He may know where to buy another set of 5x108 wheels for Jaguar S-Type if he doesn't have access to them.

Here is a side shot:

Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM

That's fantastic! Thanks for the link to the rims on ebay! I'm not entirely sure how you found them out of the approx 176 pages or so of rims, but those are the ones I'm after. Only hiccup is that they're in Miami, FL. I'm going to be in Lakeland in March, but we're taking the mini-van and not the Jag. It's a bit of a trip just to go down in the Jag to get some rims. I've sent them an email asking if they'd just sell me the rims without the tires, but haven't heard anything back yet. So we'll see. I'm going to try photoshoping a pic of my S-type with your rims to see how they would look prior to making the plunge.

But I really appreciate you looking those out form me!

Cheers and thanks again!
Rob

Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member

That's fantastic! Thanks for the link to the rims on ebay! I'm not entirely sure how you found them out of the approx 176 pages or so of rims, but those are the ones I'm after. Only hiccup is that they're in Miami, FL. I'm going to be in Lakeland in March, but we're taking the mini-van and not the Jag. It's a bit of a trip just to go down in the Jag to get some rims. I've sent them an email asking if they'd just sell me the rims without the tires, but haven't heard anything back yet. So we'll see. I'm going to try photoshoping a pic of my S-type with your rims to see how they would look prior to making the plunge.

But I really appreciate you looking those out form me!

Cheers and thanks again!
Rob
There are these companies now that will ship items from the seller to the buyer. They are called UPS, FedEx, DHL and Purolator (for the Canadians).

The main thing you need to ensure is that they have a set for Jaguar S-Type in 5x108 bolt pattern.

My wheels came from Florida also, so they were imported via that international port. They were selling lots of 50 sets on ebay not long ago. The wholesaler was trying to get rid of inventory.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 AM

There are these companies now that will ship items from the seller to the buyer. They are called UPS, FedEx, DHL and Purolator (for the Canadians).
I'll have to look into these fancy companies you speak of! LOL!

I got a response last night from them - $1100 USD shipped to me without rubber. The price they have them listed for on ebay is $1450 with rubber. That's seems like pretty expensive shipping, mind you there is a bit of weight to these rims.

I forgot to ask if they have that bolt pattern. I'm also going to see what the price would be if I picked them up. That'll be interesting to try explaining to my wife why we need to drive to Miami when we're in FL next month....

Old 02-13-2011, 04:36 AM

Well it looks like it's a no go. They responded back and they only have 5x112 bolt pattern rims. I've read online you can use hubcentric lugnuts when you put a 5x112 on a 5x108, but I'm not too comfortable with that. I'll keep on looking...

Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's my 2007 X-Type with the 18" Aruba wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Show me your wheels-1231001431.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me your wheels