X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 jaguar x-type purchase nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 jaguar x-type purchase nightmare!

not happy with this jaguar x type 2002 2.5 .5 speed.purchased this car with low miles at 56400 miles on it.iti testdrove it andfelt it to be tight and nice ride.thought i was getting a good deal for under 10000.

this car was in almost perfect shape as far as body and interior is like new except for drivers seat, shows some wear. Well for starters the warrenty was not the greastest seeing i bought it from a used car dealer in mass. .2500 miles or 2 months. scary but , i thought well got low miles in awesome condition, one owner , even though the warrenty was scary. why not take the chance?.......bad bad bad decision on my part.

Within one month of owning this car the nightmare started![/b]

#1problem 3 weeks, i noticed the transmission start clanking through gears. took it back to dealer, they insisted that it was normal for these cars. (new 2 me!)

#2 problemin same week. the brakes started to sound like they were chewing up the rotors . back 2 the dealer.. only to hear that brakes are fine and rotors needed to be replaced. they replaced rotors.....but didn't make a difference still sounded the same. once again they insistedthatproblem was normal also. (wow!) i wasdriving around with clanking transmission and grinding brakes one month after purchase! now i move on to the next issues not long after the short lived warrenty expired.

#3 i get in my car one night and start it and i got a disco light show on the dash board! as i looked at this in amazement i could only think what next! shut the car off and turned it back on ...itnot happened again...............for at least 2 months when i decided to put the heat on and the blower fan just decided to stop working . with that disco light show before the grand finale.

#4 did i forget to mention the abssystem nowhas also decicded to demand fixing also. yep that was after i was coming down a hill and the pedal decided to click down to the floor before i hit the main street. i guess the trunk lock notworking was the least of my worries this morning.

Post #: 1

Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 02 jaguar x-type purchase nightmare!

Sucks, should have checked with us first...we could have saved you!!
However, welcome to the forum!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah sux for you. I have an 02 with 103k on the clock and other than a clutch job, transfer case, and a clutch master cylinder, it's been A-OK!

It's a Love/Hate relationship. I love the car and I'll never get rid of it. I'm sure it'll be hard to find a 5 Speed Jaguar X-Type in the states 20 years from now.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  6.0 KB

Sexy, racers right bud ( too late I know ) but we would've told you too thoroughly check out an 02 as they still had more than a few teething issues sorted in the later models.

No chance the dealer will take it back and swap it out for sumthin else for you, or at least meet you part of the way on any repair bills? Ask the question, you never know!

All the best

Jim

Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate to hear that tshirtz. Ive only had my 02 3.0 autofor a little less than 4 months, and havent had any MAJOR issues. Had a leak, put a clamp on it. A/C, lights stopped working,replaced fuse and relay. Engine light with lean codes, Ill replace the hoses, o-rings and clean the MAF. All these things, without this site,could have beenbig deals. But the information and advice on here is awesome. The experts here can reduce big problems to nothing with their wealth of knowledge and experience with these temperamental machines. Who knows, they might be able to help with your problems. There may be hope for your X Type yet, dont give up on it.

Oh yeah. [sm=welcomesign.gif]to the forums.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the replys. yes i still have it. i was thinking on trading it in. but i have to admit i looked at quite a few jaguarsof same modelbefore i got this one. but i likedmine best. hopefully the new year will bring better luck w this car.maybe santa will bring me a brand new one! ......maybe not .lol