X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Design III Black Powder Coated

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18" Design III Black Powder Coated

Check out these powder coated Arden wheels!

Old 08-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 18" Design III Black Powder Coated

they hot, but chrome accents on wheels go along way to me. U have a cardomain so i can see your car in full??

Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Are those 3 piece wheels? I think they look bad ***, specially if they go on the car in your avatar.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

looks cool

Old 08-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

how did you blacken out the tail lights on the avatar pic? that is something i would be interested in. just when i thinkj i have run out of mods.....

ps> yet another installment to the FAQ section is on the way... this time will be retrofitting / installing the reverse parking sensors (finally got all the pieces i need)

Old 08-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Big mistake making the wheels black...cant even see any detail.Agree about having a chrome ring around the wheels to contrast the blandness if the crap black colour alloy is the one you decide to go for.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 AM

Polished lips are for people who have poor taste in style. My goal is to get all the chrome off the car which would make leaving a steel circle around the wheels contradictory. It looks far more uniform without a polished lip, not to mention my car disappears at night.

I don't have a cardomain page yet but I will probably get one soon.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont forget to powdercoat your tailpipes and lugnuts, everyone seems to forget about those damn little accessories. Good luck with the batmobile. too bad i have such bad taste

Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: ArdenX

Polished lips are for people who have poor taste in style. My goal is to get all the chrome off the car which would make leaving a steel circle around the wheels contradictory. It looks far more uniform without a polished lip, not to mention my car disappears at night.
Looks like your on a mission re the black wheels.
I bought my black MR2T which came with black wheels and hated them infact it was the one thing putting me off it, the new wheels (as per website) didnt have any black and everyone especially via emails from the site and at trackdays commented on them.
In my opinion (read the last 3 words carefully) you have used the word uniform in your statement but I would substitue that word with bland.
Also what benefits are there to having a car that disappears at night unless to a car thief?
Saying a car looks more uniform without a polished lip is like saying the sky looks best at night plain black and without any stars or the moon.
Seeingachrome ring extentuates the fact that there is black inside the chrome where the eye is automatically drawn to and also outside the chrome (ie the bodywork).instead of just looking at what may as well be nothing as you vcant see it..ie a boring bland blackout.
As you Americans say...."Go figure"

Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Ha, don't take it too personally. All I am saying is that I think the polished lip is tacky and that the X looks tacky with chrome. As for wheels, either go all black, alloy, or chrome. I used to have an X-Type with chrome on it and I realized how gay it was and how tacky it looks on that particular vehicle.

I could have chrome all over my X-Type and I could have saved thousands of dollars doing so but I actually want a good looking car. Good luck with all your chrome mods, I hear eBay has some totally awesome rings for the headlights and tailights!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Old 08-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: ArdenX
Good luck with all your chrome mods, I hear eBay has some totally awesome rings for the headlights and tailights!
No chrome mods for me....as I am not asyou might have guessed putting bland black wheels on my car.I did experiment when I refurbed my wheels with the chrome paint which did look different until it reacted with the lacquer so stayed with stock silver alloy colour which look fantastic.
Here are some wheels which look better than bland black see what I mean about the contrast

also these (note the descrption afterwards)
http://www.customwheelandtonneau.com...usionBlack.htm

Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually buck I agree but don't agree...I like the look of all black all the way...don't really care for his wheels with polished lip...I don't really like that mustang with lip because of the white stripe at bottom of car...actually I don't like the rims either...some look good some look bad...find a better pick buck...Hey arden where are pics of the wheels on your car...buck might not hate them on the car....

BTW welcome arden!

Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

Some wheels suit black better than others.
Unfortunately looking at ArednXs pics again I dont think his wheels suit black or black/chrome and would probably look like a poor choice even if they were in silver on an X type.
Themoney it costs to buy wheels and the choice out there means you dont have to put up with crap looking wheels.
If you're definately going to go for black then its worth looking at other designs that would suit the colour better.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

You like the wheels on the stang though??? I don't like them at all...I'd rather have some cobra r wheels up on that ride!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Not really but they look better than the ones in question.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the wheels in question in silver, but not in black, with or without the chrome lip. And yes this is coming from someone that has black wheels[8D]

Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 AM

I specifically considered these wheels to be powder coated because they have such little negative space. These wheels do a great job of filling out the wheel well while not exposing too much of what is behind the wheel. Most of the wheels that fit the X-Type are less than worthy to be put on one. I honestly couldn't think of a better wheel to put in straight black (not considering the price tag).

Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Hey I like em....any more pics???

Quick Reply: 18" Design III Black Powder Coated