X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: On a one to ten on the jackass scale.
Not a jackass
0%
Ehhhyo
0%
You did what?!?
0%
Yea certified bonified jackass.
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2002 x-type misshift. Im brave enough to admit i f#cked up. Happens to the best of et

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face 2002 x-type misshift. Im brave enough to admit i f#cked up. Happens to the best of et

So i posted this wuestion a few months ago to no avail. I suppose i didnt speak with an english accent threw my text... Or perahaps i for got to offer the grey pupon. 😂 either way i fell in love with this classy ripper of an 02 xtype. And her and i were raiing corners humpin humps and down shifting with grunts. I jumped on the free way one night and realized my screen was glitching. I kind of paniced.. Oh ****..thats gonna cost allot. I decided to get the going to get the car up to 80 mph for ample momentum. I slipped her from 5th to neutral and re started the car in an effort to re start the ecu. And it worked. But when i happily "slapped" her into fourth. And confidently dropped the clutch i somehow went into second...she didnt really over rev as much as she bound up and threw me into the wheel. I got it into nuetral then into 5th and kept going. I noticed though the clutch pedal was on the floor..and it was soft..i managed to run a few stoo signs and speed shift my way threw the syncros. Being a car guy and growing up racing motocross i knew i had just hurt her bad..my question. What are the chances that.i might be as lucky to have only blew a hydro line?? Rather than a financial crippling subframe drop fix?? The car has been sitting few months. I started it yesterday to what sounded like a dead cylinder. Yet it didnt sound llike that on the way home thst fateful evening? ? Can someone help!?!

Attached Thumbnails 2002 x-type misshift. Im brave enough to admit i f#cked up. Happens to the best of et-20170104_110741.jpg   2002 x-type misshift. Im brave enough to admit i f#cked up. Happens to the best of et-20161004_165617.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 12:47 PM

You are a jackass for that one...jackass

Old 01-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You dun goof'd OP. Did you rice Civic SI's before buying the cat that you just abused? In all honesty, the only way you will know is by getting it lifted up and see below. If there is fluid leak or any physical damage, prepare to shell out bud! You must pay for power!

Old 01-22-2017, 02:11 PM

I must pay for a desingers insbility to understand long term maintenance. Abuse and ware outside a production structure! Its more likecthe americsn nascar movie. Days Of Thunder..."harry, im dropping the hammer! No i didnt race civics. But...i hsve been driving a 92 cb7 accord since! Iv done allot to make it as "shaggy jaggy as i could! Atleastcinside!! So you kinda nailed it!

Old 01-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Cool

You drove a Honda....explains alot bud. Like you don't slam shift Jags as they have more than enough torque to make an Accord work for its merit... Should've kept the Initial D driving skills in the Accord

Old 01-23-2017, 04:34 PM

Hahahaha. As far as function over form. It holds its own. So I see oil covering the trans. But no other sign of from the outside that its broken. Aside from the clutch pedal. Any one else open to admitting they have ever done this to there x- type? And what the prognosis was?

Old 01-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Rob Cormican
Hahahaha. As far as function over form. It holds its own. So I see oil covering the trans. But no other sign of from the outside that its broken. Aside from the clutch pedal. Any one else open to admitting they have ever done this to there x- type? And what the prognosis was?
If oil is covering the transmission, check if a fuel line is leaking, but I wouldn't worry about it that much as the busted clutch pedal. For that, you should try to see if the linkage of the clutch pedal is still intact with the link to the transmission. If not, then one of the other senior members here can help you out on fixing it!