Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 X-Type 2.5L Cranks but Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2003 X-Type 2.5L Cranks but Won't Start

2003 Jaguar Xtype 2.5

-Replaced Coils and Plugs and Plenum Seals (Upper and Lower)
-Replaced Fuel Filter
-Replaced Fuel Pump
-Reset Inertia Switch
-Replaced Fuel Pump Relay

Cranks but won't start. Can spray starting fluid and will continue to run. NO fuel from pump getting to engine.

Tested pins on fuel pump for power. Voltage read on Fuel Level and fuel gauge working on dash when key is in ON position.

Tested pins on fuel pump for power for 1 second pulse on key ON. Voltage is present at 10volts. Read that voltage variable due to pressure and flow.

We just cant figure out how to get the fuel to the engine!

We were trying to read plug CA105 for pin 10 to ground but have been unable to locate the fuel pump driver module.

I just really want to get the car going.

Does anyone have any additional insight into this? Pulling my hair out and don't have much left!

Thanks,
Sean

Old 01-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

When you replaced fuel filter you should have seen a flow direction arrow on it. Is it pointed in correct direction? Have you considered disconnecting fuel filter exit end, then checking for flow there? If pump's putting out flow there then I'd check next at the fuel rail. There's a connection at front of engine just before rail passes underneath intake manifold. There's also a t-junction there for the fuel pressure sensor. Since you're able to start the engine using starting fluid you don't have a spark problem. That 10 volt reading is perplexing though; seems like you should see full battery voltage. What is voltage at battery terminals?

Last edited by swingwing; 01-01-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Added sentences.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

As Swingwing has said, check if the fuel filter is right direction? I think fuel pump driver module is in the back of rear back seat.