X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.0 engine on previous 2.5??

Old 08-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 engine on previous 2.5??

hello everyone, I had a quick question so I have a 2005 jag x type 2.5L that is stick shift. But the engine blew. I was wondering if I would put a 2002 jaguar x type 3.0 engine on it??? Please help!!

Old 08-16-2017, 04:13 PM

Hey sorry to hear that but i had a simular situation, my was a 2002 2.5 too, it ate coolent like it was gas, so i had a 3.0 put it. All wiring is same everything works great now. Put over 3k miles on the new one already. Still running strong, if your gonna swap engine while at it take all gadgets off motor like water pump, ac compressor, starter, generator and take for check up and tune up while its all will save you lots of time and money in future. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I thing only difference in two engine are their guts; Pistons an cylinders, ECU program for fuel delivery.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Vitaliy Sakharchuk
Hey sorry to hear that but i had a simular situation, my was a 2002 2.5 too, it ate coolent like it was gas, so i had a 3.0 put it. All wiring is same everything works great now. Put over 3k miles on the new one already. Still running strong, if your gonna swap engine while at it take all gadgets off motor like water pump, ac compressor, starter, generator and take for check up and tune up while its all will save you lots of time and money in future. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
awsome!! Thank you so much . I'm planning on starting this project as soon as the engine hoist I ordered arrives. And I'm a little confused about taking the gadgets off. What to you mean? Do you mean I should take just the motor in to a shop to do a tune up? I thought after I install everything then I should take for tune up. How will they just be able to tune up the engine?

thanks again for you're response

Old 08-17-2017, 12:59 PM

By gadgets i ment like water pump, starter, alternator, ac compressor, since engine is coming off take those to a machine shop or small engine repairs shop. They are all repairable. Thats what i ment. Idk if you get that or not 😌
BUT
If your in the USA check out car-part.com for tranny or any other major parts you need. But as for a part car maybe an auction or craigslist