Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.0 manual juddering when shifted down at high revs

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 manual juddering when shifted down at high revs

Hi all,

I recently bought a beautiful 3.0 manual sport black with red leather interior, and on account of it being so rare, didn't ask too many questions.

The car shifts up the gears beautifully and there is no slippage when accelerating. However, driving it back home after buying I noticed that the car judders when it is shifted down at high revs. It also on one occasion juddered of its own accord cruising in 5th. I get the power back by dipping the clutch and reselecting the gear at lower revs.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Dual mass flywheel/clutch? Or a differential perhaps?

Thanks in advance and hope this was posted in the right place!

Old 07-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Congratulations, that is a great fine, Hard enough to find a 3.0 manual, but with red, that is almost unheard of.

You might want to try changing the tranny fluid and see if that helps.

Just curious, how high were the revs when you downshifted? And if they were kind of high, why would you downshift?

Old 07-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

Interesting, will have that looked at. Regarding revs, it was simply a case of wanting to pass a slower vehicle from the slow lane, warranting a change down. Can't recall numbers, just bought the car so still getting a sense of things, but the juddering definitely isn't normal!

It also did it from third to second going up a hill the next day, so not specific to one movement it seems.