X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Issues - Hopefully 3 Answers from you guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3 Issues - Hopefully 3 Answers from you guys!

Again, I'm new to the X-Type and I have a few issues since I bought the car, but here's a little background...

2002 X-Type 2.5 Manual Sport with 75k miles for 12k but with a few annoying issues:

Earlier this week, I noticed a styrofoam flap on the passenger side that was down. Since the tab didn't go back on, I just glued it back. Today when washing the car, I find a puddle in the floor. Looks as if it were coming from the blower? I was wondering whether this was linked to my A/C issue I have.

I had a problem with my power wash, well today after tinkering with some relays, I got it to work, however it doesn't spray with any pressure and the left squirter isn't working.

I have a small coolant leak somewhere that isn't the water pump or a head gasket, thank god. But I think it's coming from a hose. I'm not sure how much help you all can be from this tidbit of info, but worth a try.

So...a little help here!

Thanks

SpartanX

Old 06-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 3 Issues - Hopefully 3 Answers from you guys!

Hi! congrats and welcome....glad to have ya

Just 3? I think you'll get a lot more...oh and dam You sure do ask alot of questions...

1st answer, your pollen filter is not installed or loose or crack. That's where the water is coming from.
2nd - bad washer pump or clogged (I'll go and say it's bad)
and finally......the last answer....can't help ya there buddy..you gonna havt'a crawl under the car and look yer-self....we is good, but we no do magic tricks....AND we don't have the all answering magic ball...

Old 06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Racer is close. Water is coming thru the pollen filter case. You need to put silicone on the pollen filter assembly to seal. If you plan on doing this, i can give more in depth instructions.

3. Check the thermostat housing (near the front catalyst). The seal or hose are common leaks.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Detailed in depth instructions would be GREAT! I plan on doing some work to the car this weekend.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Im sure envy will get back to you soon if he hasnt already.A little after the weekend already, so maybe next weekend

Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 PM

I wish I could find a solution to my sunroof problem. That's really annoying me since my 1 touch isn't working.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.3 KB

Try in the link below Spartan.............there are some really useful electrical wirng diagrams, hints n tips.
Check them out, they may prove useful

JC

http://jaguar.bttlxe.com/xtype

Old 06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Remove the wiper arms, 13mm nut. Remove the cowl, pop the clips out.
Take out the cabin filter. Clean the cabin filter assembly. You'll need a good amount of RTV silicone, aply it to the back of the cabin filter assembly through out the entire length. This will keep the water from seeping into the cabin. If you have any questions just ask.

Your sunroof problem is the motor. You might be able to program it but it will probably loose memory after a while. Buy one. It's easy to replace.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-SpartanX:
-Again, I'm new to the X-Type and I have a few issues since I bought the car..

get ready for more.

-Today when washing the car, I find a puddle in the floor.

look under the hood,under the wiper cowl cover, see if you even have a cabin air filter installed.

-it doesn't spray with any pressure and the left squirter isn't working.

look under the hood, under the left squirter, pull on the hose and you will probably see the finely made plastic elbow has broken off. you will need to buy the entire washer hose to both squirters, pull the hose out of the fender and you will havea hose connection in there.

-(coolant) I think it's coming from a hose.

highly possible. there are brittle plastic hoses allunder the hood of this car that will break if you sneeze hard enough. the coolant reservoir is highly likely to have cracked andcould beleaking coolant from it too.

other items of interest, has your fuel filter and water pump belt been replaced at 70,000mi

Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Envy337

Remove the wiper arms, 13mm nut. Remove the cowl, pop the clips out.
Take out the cabin filter. Clean the cabin filter assembly. You'll need a good amount of RTV silicone, aply it to the back of the cabin filter assembly through out the entire length. This will keep the water from seeping into the cabin. If you have any questions just ask.

Your sunroof problem is the motor. You might be able to program it but it will probably loose memory after a while. Buy one. It's easy to replace.
The sunroof itself works fine, but it's just the one touch button isn't working. I have to press the button forward for it to close/open. I was reading something about the Upper Electronics Module, but I have tried the instructions with no luck resetting it.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 23

Good info Envy as always..........nti, nice to see you're knowledge being shared on the forum............look forward to more of the same.

JC

Old 07-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey spartan have you recently jump started the car or disconnected the battery? Does your antifreeze leak when the car is just sitting or only while driving? I'd get under the car and look for leaks and spots where the antifreeze may have dried and left stains on the hoses...

Old 07-01-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Hey spartan have you recently jump started the car or disconnected the battery? Does your antifreeze leak when the car is just sitting or only while driving? I'd get under the car and look for leaks and spots where the antifreeze may have dried and left stains on the hoses...
I didn't jump the car, but I helped give a co-worker a jump the other day.

The antifreeze leak is when i'm sitting, I think. That's when I see it in very small amounts on the ground.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

I'd try tracing it back when its a hot day and if its coming from hoses you can tell by the trail that dried on the hose...sorry I'm not much help...so many things it could come from! Your moonroof worked fine before that right??? Every time I've ever disconnected the battery and what not and all of the creature comforts that you grow accustomed to stop working intermittently! My windows stopped rolling up on there own when I disconnected the battery 2 weeks ago to try fix the a/c problem and my driver's window just started being able to use the one touch button for the window to shut by itself and all of my other windows almost worked instantly...or worked as far as the one touch feature...hopefully this helps...my guess is jumping the car sent a surge and the car will adjust soon enough! I'll hope for the best for ya just hang in there good buddy![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

When you disconnect the battery, you need to reset all the one touch features.

The way to do this is simple, basically roll the window down and keep the switch pressed after the window is all the way down for a couple seconds. Repeat when you roll the window back up, and voila the one touch works again =) You need to do this for all the windows, and it only works from the drivers door switch.

Same applies for the sunroof.

Basically it lets you choose which windows you want to have one touch...

Hope this clears things up,

George

Old 07-02-2007, 05:33 AM

Nice info George, one of the mods mite want to add the post to the faqs section, im sure a lot of poeple will find this helpful

Old 07-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 26
ORIGINAL: 04XTYPE
Nice info George, one of the mods mite want to add the post to the faqs section, im sure a lot of poeple will find this helpful
DONE!
Only thing I've done is opened a new topic for it and named it, then cut George's comments and pasted into the new post, so that he gets credit for it.
I've done it this way because looking at the threads in the FAQ section, it can sometimes be hard to know whats what, which defeats the purpose.
This way the post is named for what it is and there should only be one post, so you don't have to wade thru page after page to find what you're looking for.
DONE!

JC

Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 AM

Nice one Jim

Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Spartan X the sunroof has a smart motor which can be re calibrated your self... just hold the close button.. until it closes but don't let go then the sunroof will open .. with your still holding the close button let it open all the waythen it'll be calibrated... and one touch will work again.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

I've never reset my one touch features on any buttons and in less than a week or 2 they start working! Guess its kind of like my horn and door problems...the cars such a smart a$$ it decides when it wants to tick me off! Man I love my Jag! No lie either!

Quick Reply: 3 Issues - Hopefully 3 Answers from you guys!