Sponsored by:

4 Error Codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 4 Error Codes

Hello.

the car is Jaguar X-type 2.1 V6

Brought the car with clutch slipping so got that done and took off the manifold because of a tool dropping down there, put the car back together runs lovely but the engine light come on and the codes are: P1532, P1549, P1646 & P1000

i think two of the codes say the valves in the manifold might be unplugged but there plugged in?

i do have the headlights removed, dont think that can do any of the codes also i can clear them they stay off in till i start the car up again

can some one tell me whats happening thanks

Old 07-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

David, you might be mixing up "the valves". Not completely familiar with the 2.1L engine (we don't have that offered here in the US), but they are probably talking about the intake valves. When you pulled the intake, you should have had to undo 2 plugs at one end of the intake going to some plastic discs on the end of the intake. These rotate as the engine RPMs go up and it changes the length of the intake, which will shift the power band. So, in short, the tubes are longer at low RPM to give you more low end torque and get shortened at higher RPMs to allow the air to flow through the engine with minimal losses.

The following users liked this post:
David Vincent Stephens (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
David, you might be mixing up "the valves". Not completely familiar with the 2.1L engine (we don't have that offered here in the US), but they are probably talking about the intake valves. When you pulled the intake, you should have had to undo 2 plugs at one end of the intake going to some plastic discs on the end of the intake. These rotate as the engine RPMs go up and it changes the length of the intake, which will shift the power band. So, in short, the tubes are longer at low RPM to give you more low end torque and get shortened at higher RPMs to allow the air to flow through the engine with minimal losses.
yhh the two on the top so do i replace them or take them out give them a clean?? because i have had the car a few weeks i drove it to my place with the clutch slipping (only started slipping when warmed up) and its bit sit there a few weeks getting the clutch replaced and new window fitted so i unplug and re plug them see if it changes might take them out and clean them (if you can remove and clean them) see it that does anything thanks

Last edited by David Vincent Stephens; 07-14-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by David Vincent Stephens
..... i can clear them they stay off in till i start the car up again .....
Welcome to the forum David,

Code P1000 is a status, not a fault. It indicates that OnBoard Monitoring Tests have NOT been completed since the last memory clear. Once the tests are complete, this changes to P1111. You will always see one of these two codes.

The posssible causes of P1532 and P1549 are:
1. IMT Valve disconnected
2. IMT Valve to ECM drive circuit fault
3. IMT Valve power supply circuit fault
4. IMT Valve failure

P1646, an HO2 Sensor fault is the one that will be re-setting the MIL.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 07-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

David, I would pull them out of the intake and make sure that you can move the dampers by hand. They should move fairly easily. Giving them a good wiping off would not hurt either. But, that is about as much maintenance as they need normally. The big thing is making sure that the o-ring that seals is in good condition and that the plugs are connected to the IMT valves. If you ran the car with them disconnected, then I would say to use the code reader, clear the codes and then take the car for a short trip and see what codes come back. If P1532 and/orP1549 do not come back, then consider the fault fixed. If they do, then inspecting the wiring is going to be the next step.