X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acceleration and fan problem JAGUAR XTYPE 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration and fan problem JAGUAR XTYPE 2004

Hi guys, I encounter a problem with my jaguar, during driving i felt that acceleration become harder, its like when you drive on uphill side, speed get slower, i stopped the car and turn off engine, but fan working continiously, I again start engine and switch off again, then fan shut down, later i start engine it works normaly but after few kms again same problem occured,
Any suggestions to rectify the problem and anyone tell me why this problem appears,

Waiting for feedback, thanks
Arshjaff

Old 11-19-2020, 08:17 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,834 Likes on 3,152 Posts

Arshjaff, the fact of the fan running after the engine is turned off is not unusual per se. If the motor is running above normal temps when it is turned off, the fans will continue to run to provide some cooling. Hence why when you started up the car later, the fan worked normally. The check that I would say you need to do is to start the car, turn on the A/C. Now, set the dash fan to the fastest speed possible and dial the temp to the lowest temp possible. This will kick the system into maximum generation and force the fans to run in fast speed. With the A/C in this line up, open the hood/bonnet and place your hands just inside of the headlights on the support that goes over the radiator and lean in just a little bit (so your head is over the intake filter). Are you feeling a good gust of wind in your face or are you feeling a gentle breeze. You should be getting a fair amount of air in your face. If you are getting that gentle breeze, then your fan controller is starting to go.

As for your acceleration problem, what I have seen in the past with the X-Types is the rear e-brakes will fail to release, causing excessive drag (ie, be like driving with your foot on the brake). If you experience this condition again, drive a few miles/kilometers and then pull off of the road. You will then put the back of your hand against the front rim. This will give you an idea of how much heat is in the brakes. Then repeat with the rear rim. You should feel as much if not slightly less. If the rears are definitely hotter, then I would be looking at the e-brake levers. If both front and rear are very warm, then you may have a problem with your ABS unit (seen a few of these issues over the years).

The following 2 users liked this post by Thermo:
Arshjaff (11-20-2020), Yorta2 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info, i definately try to fix the problem as you suggest, will inform you later