Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air ventilation power bug

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Air ventilation power bug

Hello all,

the problem is simple, when i activate inside ventilation all work, cold and hot everywhere and in each position.

But, since a few, the fan make a strange noise and the the air out force have lose power.

Its strange, the power get recovered when i switch the ac on, the auto mode, or the recirculation mode, but not in normal mode.

I think of a problem with a door but which door.

i repeat, the noise and power lose only appear when ac, auto and recirculation is off.

When its on all work good.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

In normal mode you are getting air from the exterior blended in. In recirculation mode there is only inside air being moved through the system. It is a little stronger and a little noiser. This is normal.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Note that 'Normal' ventilation in an X type is to be in Auto. Depending on conditions, the fan may well run fast at fast speed and the re-circ may also come on, but only until the cabin temperature reaches the one chosen by you. Give it time!

In exceptional circumstances, you may need to press the Def button to demist the windows.

The other buttons are there to entertain you if you really feel the need to interfere, but in practice, the Auto setting is much cleverer at its job than we are!

Old 11-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for helping me.

After a short dismantle of the gloves box and see what happen, it seem something is enter in the fan box ( like a dead leave ) i have check if something go wrong on the doors but no.

After some tests and some hand on recirculator door of the fan it work good.

Thanks again!