X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alpine trunk sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alpine trunk sub enclosure

Hey guys....this is probably like my 7 post..but at least its adding to my count! HA anyways....I know I jumped the gun on buying this enclosure on ebay without even knowing if it will hook up to my non-alpine audio system. I dug into the trunk to see if there was the wiring harness to plus this baby in but no luck. Theres no way of hooking this up unless I had the Alpine system already install from the factory right? [>:][/align][/align][/align]

Old 09-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Alpine trunk sub enclosure

i dont have the premium package, but mine has the wires to hook it up to the enclosure. what year is ures?

Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 AM

Mine is an '02. I would hate to tear up the back trying to look for it when its not there

Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

if you do not have the premium system then you will not have the multi-channel amplifier which is required to drive those subs. x-dave has retro-fitted the system and will have more insight when he sees this.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you didn't pay too much for it. I'll be blunt and tell you that it sounds like absolute crap.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:51 AM

Just paid $80 for it. I wanted a bit more thump on the low end and the enclosure doesn't take up space in the trunk. Worse case, I just sell it.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:47 PM

if you want thump, that will not do it.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:19 PM

so it sounds like crap? I just wanted to add a sub speaker without having to tear into the stock wiring. I dont need low end to rattle my windows, just to hear it on the inside.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a amp added throu a local car shop for like $100. I just supplied the amp, the amp wiring kit, and the rca converter...Long story short, I put in a MTX twelve and got the low end I needed, nothin ear shattering just some nice low end...

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: X2 Jag

so it sounds like crap? I just wanted to add a sub speaker without having to tear into the stock wiring. I dont need low end to rattle my windows, just to hear it on the inside.
I can promise you those Alpine subs won't do it. They sound like ****, and I mean that from the bottom of my ear. I have to say that those subs are the worst sounding subs I've ever heard in a luxury car.

I hate to be so negative, but I'd rather be honest than sugarcoat it in anyway. I guess it's kinda hard to make the transition from my fiance's Explorer with 1500+ watts of power.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:08 AM

I appreciate your input guys. Sucks to hear that enclosure sucks, like I said i jumped the gun on this. I've heard about those RCA converters, believe they allow you to tap into the stock wiring. Never knew how good that sounded.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You hear the bass with the rca converters but the sound isn't anywhere near as clear as having rca's hooked to a sub out on an aftermarket radio...if all your looking for is some low end thump do it up but I used the high level inputs on an amp as well and it didn't sound that great either...the high level inputs are the same thing as an inline converter but you avoid having to get the inline converter...the whole concept is that it takes the speaker wires and converts them into signal to your amp...personally I don't like the sound at all...but if your on a budget and don't want an aftermarket head unit it is your only choice...The alpine sub unit are just 2 6" subs correct??? I'd imagine that those alpine's would sound the same as 2 6x9 mounted in the rear deck as far as bass goes...

Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 AM

Ill think about the enclosure then, if not back on eBay it goes. If its not a direct hook up, then its too much work for minimal gains.Yes, they are 2 6" speakers. Adding an aftermarket unit would be sweet, but im sure there would be limited head units to cover up that massive hole or someone would have to fabric an enclosure. I would hate to lose the Track Skip/Volume control on the steering wheel.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 AM

ORIGINAL: X2 Jag

Ill think about the enclosure then, if not back on eBay it goes. If its not a direct hook up, then its too much work for minimal gains.Yes, they are 2 6" speakers. Adding an aftermarket unit would be sweet, but im sure there would be limited head units to cover up that massive hole or someone would have to fabric an enclosure. I would hate to lose the Track Skip/Volume control on the steering wheel.
You need a 1.5 DIN headunit to fill the space. It can be done and still look good. I'm currently looking into it now. There's a few ppl here that have done it.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Guys,

I recently bought a 2002 X-Type 2.5 w/ Navigation but not sure if this has the premium sound system. You guys mentioned that the premium sound system has a factory multi-channel amp and subwoofer(s). Where do I look? is the amp and subwoofer hidden? All I remember seeing is the cd player and navigation disc in the Trunk.

Thanks guys in advance, I have been getting alot of information about my Jag from you guys!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM

just look at your doors. if they have tweeters next to the door handles then you have the premium system, including 2 6" subs under the rear deck (which you can see by looking up at it from inside the trunk - looks just like the item pictured in the first post of this thread). if not then you have he base 4 speaker system.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nineball,

thanks for the quick response. I don't have the tweeters so I think I have the regular setup. I'll go take a look on my way home from work.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

I always thought that with the navi you had the premium sound...maybe thats with newer ones??? BTW welcome hanky

X2Jag you can keep all your buttons on the steering wheel quite simply with this device they have out....you first program the device using its ir transmitter and it basically works just like the universal remotes for tv's and it programs the buttons on the steering wheel and coordinates them with the aftermarket units wireless remote.

Here's a link to a site that has all parts to do it...the radio harness needed from my understanding are from ford cars years like 1987 to ???? Biggie knows which one it is exactly...

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_f...its/jaguar.htm

With the dash kit shown on that website it is single din only but looking at it just now it looks like you could modify it for a double din navigation unit to fit into it...

Old 09-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the link man!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member

Hey what are us overpaid moderators for!

Quick Reply: Alpine trunk sub enclosure