X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto leveling light jammed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default auto leveling light jammed

the auto leveling light seems to be jammed on the driver side, i dont see anything in there that is causing this,,does not appear to be hung up on anything..is there a leveling manual adjustnemt? \im thinking if there is and i adjust it it may un-jam it.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ghettomike
the auto leveling light seems to be jammed on the driver side, i dont see anything in there that is causing this,,does not appear to be hung up on anything..is there a leveling manual adjustnemt? \im thinking if there is and i adjust it it may un-jam it.
If it's not too far off, there are adjusting screws accessible through the bar above the headlights to adjust the light up or down. I have the same problem and my left side light. It quit working several months ago and I did a manual leveling on it with no problem. Now that light it's just like most other cars that aren't self leveling. The right side one still levels automatically.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Machine
If it's not too far off, there are adjusting screws accessible through the bar above the headlights to adjust the light up or down. I have the same problem and my left side light. It quit working several months ago and I did a manual leveling on it with no problem. Now that light it's just like most other cars that aren't self leveling. The right side one still levels automatically.
it still makes a noise as if it is attempting to autolevel...this is why i say jammed and not a dead motor or other electrical issue.
does yours do this as well or is it quiet?

im probably just gonna try the manual adjustment, if it frees it up great...if not ill just aim it.

most (not all) higher end cars with HID's have some sort of leveling feature. my CTS has load leveling rear suspension to keep the lights aimed at the same height, this also helps the ride when you add heavier items in the trunk or more people in the car.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by ghettomike
it still makes a noise as if it is attempting to autolevel...this is why i say jammed and not a dead motor or other electrical issue.
does yours do this as well or is it quiet?

im probably just gonna try the manual adjustment, if it frees it up great...if not ill just aim it.

most (not all) higher end cars with HID's have some sort of leveling feature. my CTS has load leveling rear suspension to keep the lights aimed at the same height, this also helps the ride when you add heavier items in the trunk or more people in the car.
It did seem to click a little when it first stopped working but now it's silent. I don't know if it was just my imagination or if there actually was a clicking sound coming from the leveling mechanism but there's nothing now.
It's certainly a lot cheaper to manually adjust it if possible than to replace the auto adjusting mechanism. As far as I'm concerned on mine as long as the headlight is still working manually I'm just going to leave it alone.

Last edited by Green Machine; 09-06-2009 at 08:17 PM.