X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Ground?? Security Fault?? Causing car not to start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad Ground?? Security Fault?? Causing car not to start.

Last night car developed a misfire on cylinder 4 due to an ignition coil failure . Following that I got a cruise not available, gearbox fault, and security fault messages. All of which weren't consistent. Ended up driving the car home and it was fine, driving carefully probably helped that happen.

Anyway, now the car seems to be consistently giving out the security fault message and the car will not crank at all. Checked the battery and it has sufficient power. The light was blinking fairly fast when we tried moving through the gears. Didn't know what that meant.

So I'm pretty much fully lost, it may be a bad ground but which one would cause the car to not crank or even start? Or maybe the security fault message is causing it to not start for some odd reason?

Any sort of help would be amazing as this is my only vehicle and I'm stuck in the water right now.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Andrew: you essentially asked the same question yesterday and an answer was given: battery and/or ground connections. The battery can test as good but fail under load (such as during the starting procedure- this is quite common with modern batteries. "Sufficient power" does not mean that the battery is providing full voltage to all the modules.