X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth and in dash cell feature

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth and in dash cell feature

does anyone know if you can bluetooth through the factory in dash cell phone setup?

Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts
Default RE: bluetooth and in dash cell feature

There is no single answer to that question, as with all thing Jaguar! It depends on whether you have the bluetooth module in your car, and if you don't on whether you can have it accessory fitted.

If you have a phone handset in your arm rest then you don't have bluetooth, but it may be possible to accessory fit it if your car is pre-wired for the bluetooth phone. If there is no phone in your arm rest, but pressing the phone button indicates that there is, then you probably have the bluetooth module already. If you are not sure phone any dealer and give them the end of your VIN number and they will give you a definitive yes or no. AFAIK any VIN after D33XXX can have the integrated BT phone if it is pre-wired.

If there is no phone, and your dash says there is no phone, and your car is not pre-wired for it then avoid the official Jaguar accessory phone for non-pre-wire like the plague. Jag will claim it is the best thing since unleaded fuel but trust me - avoid it. It does not integrate with your car's controls and the quality is terrible. Get a third party kit integrated in instead for a fraction of the cost. If you don't have the sat nav in your car then I have heard great things about the EIS Argos kit -- it is supposed to be even better than then Jag phone for around the same price.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the thorough response. I am looking into it.

Adam

Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.eurocarphone.com/

$868 for the kit, $49 for the D2B fiber optic cable. car must be pre-wired for bluetooth and NOT have the sat screen.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

The bluetooth connectivity in an X-Type (and some of the others) is basically just a bluetooth module that pretends to be a handset as far as the car itself is concerned. If your display/lcd displays "no phone" then you don't have the PSE module in your boot, and you won't have the bluetooth module either.

Both can be retrofitted, even without the BT pre-wire (assuming you have at least one voice prewire -- on an '07 model it will be as standard but maybe not the BT one). Best thing to do it speak to you dealer -- they can tell you very quickly if you have everything in place, and can then fit the two modules/boxes in to give you the BT capability for about £500. In the states it would probably be cheaper -- everything else is. If you don't have the factory satnav then the Argos kit already mentioned is a good alternative. If you don't have the "bluetooth prewire" you can sill have the factory system fitted, but it will require a bit more work. I completed it myself here: http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtop...c&start=15

Old 06-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was quoted $1800 to have factory bluetooth retro-fitted into my 2004 X, which is already pre-wired for bluetooth. From posts made in the past, the Argos is dramatically better than the factory system, and about half the cost.