Sponsored by:

Buying X-Type 2.2d

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Fil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying X-Type 2.2d

Hello,

after owning few very sporty cars i decided that I need something more comfortable with better fuel consumption what is also easy to drive and park in town(Prague) and i came across 08 X-Type 2,2d 107kW automatic Executive.

I'm mainly looking for comfort, ride quality, good fuel consumption. I will ride the car mainly around the town, to work for shopping and so on but I want it also for a weekend trips and trips to Germany.

I would like to ask you if you would recommend that car, what are the general issues, for what to look out and what are the thresholds for the car/parts.

Thank you.
Fil

Old 01-16-2016, 05:42 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

the car is a a lovely ride but the diesels are/were plagued with fuel pump/injector faults: Is yours 6 speed Auto?
This helps tell if 2008 facelift!

Fuel consumption is good although if 2008 facelift model will have a DPF which means it will need those weekend trips to keep it clean. Short trips kill a DPF.

Parts should be mainly service items so internet should keep prices down.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Fil

Originally Posted by joesoap
the car is a a lovely ride but the diesels are/were plagued with fuel pump/injector faults: Is yours 6 speed Auto?
This helps tell if 2008 facelift!

Fuel consumption is good although if 2008 facelift model will have a DPF which means it will need those weekend trips to keep it clean. Short trips kill a DPF.

Parts should be mainly service items so internet should keep prices down.
Hi,

The one i picked is 2008/9 facelift with 6 speed auto, going to chec it today, not sure if i want to buy a car here anyways maybe i will imprt one from germany, much bigger market there so more to pick from.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:40 AM
Fil

Ok so i have seen the car and i have to say I was pretty disappointed by the state of the car, broken stuff in the interior, very loose steering and the automatic shifting was wired, in the town it somehow didn't know what to do, in the S mode it was jerky, in the M mode it was actually quite ok i was expecting much worse.

In the other hand ride was excellent, since the seller claims 180k km on the clock even that i think this car have at least 250k km the ride was very good, i can understand that this is one of the strong points of the car, i felt that I'm connected to the road i knew about the bumps but i didn't felt them. Seats perfect, navi for the age good as well.

Only two downsides i feel about the car is the combination of the automatic transmission with the 2.2d, either there was something wrong with the car or it simply isn't the best combination of engine and transmission for the comfort, second issue for me is that most of the cars i checked on the internet are in very poor condition, the one i checked was the most expensive with the lowest kms on the clock but it still but it felt like i will be one of the last owners before it will scraped... which is pity.