X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C problem...

today I noticed that I wasn't getting any airflow from the top vents, no matter if I had it on auto or I pressed the button to get air on the top vents only...the air would only come out the floor vents. Also, I would only get hot air coming out even when I had it at 61 degrees(it's 75 today). I recently changed the stereo, but I'm pretty sure I plugged in everything correctly...

Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

since it's all electrical I'd think upon first glance that if it worked before and now it doesn't you either fried a fuse or something got missed. Time to pull the new stereo out!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
since it's all electrical I'd think upon first glance that if it worked before and now it doesn't you either fried a fuse or something got missed. Time to pull the new stereo out!
Well, there's only two connections to the a/c module and they both have a lock which keeps them really secure...I can't say for sure that the car was blowing cold ac and the top vents working before the stereo change since I haven't been using the a/c much for the past 2 months. Could a fuse cause the air to stop coming out from the top vents and only the foot vents?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Carwatcher
even when I had it at 61 degrees(it's 75 today)...
Sure- rub it in! It at least broke the freezing mark today!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Nothing coming out of the defroster vents either...thinking of changing the cabin air filter, but I don't know what good that'll do...where is the cabin temperature sensor located? I'm thinking there might be something wrong with that because every time I set the temperature the same as the temperature outside, the fans would come on at full speed. Which doesn't make any sense and it didn't do before.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Try this tip from Jagtec1: Try running the system in "Auto", and follow this sequence. First, lower the temp to full cold (low), wait 5 seconds. Next, raise it to full heat (high). Now select the face vents. Next select feet. Finally select defrost. Wait 5-10 seconds after each selection. Lastly, select auto again, along with your desired temp. Let me know if this changes anything for you. Sometimes the servo's "lose" their position and need to be run through their ranges. I've seen this more than a few times.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Razkid
Try this tip from Jagtec1: Try running the system in "Auto", and follow this sequence. First, lower the temp to full cold (low), wait 5 seconds. Next, raise it to full heat (high). Now select the face vents. Next select feet. Finally select defrost. Wait 5-10 seconds after each selection. Lastly, select auto again, along with your desired temp. Let me know if this changes anything for you. Sometimes the servo's "lose" their position and need to be run through their ranges. I've seen this more than a few times.
Tried this a few times and no luck, still getting a flast of hot air from just the foot vents. Tonight I'm going to take it apart and double check I didn't miss any connections, otherwise I'm going to have to make a trip to the mechanic.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM

Probem solved!!! For now at least...I just went back and took everything apart, everything seemed ok and plugged in correctly but I still unplugged and replugged the a/c cables just to be sure. After putting everything back together I got cold air and lots of air from the face vents...wow, such a relief. Hopefully it stays that way.