X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can someone please tell me

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone please tell me

which one is the automatic transmission fluid charging pipe cap so i could add transmission fluid i kind of stuck thanks for help

Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perezrp101
which one is the automatic transmission fluid charging pipe cap so i could add transmission fluid i kind of stuck thanks for help
The Fill port is down and left of the battery Box..it should have a black rubber cork in it

Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Which one

Perez,
The FILL TUBE is just like COLT says. To the left and rear of the Battery Box.

There are 2 rubber plugs on top of a "black" pan. One is on the right, this is a large round top plug, sorta like a mushroom. The second is to the left, it is a smaller round plug, like a peice of candy from a candy roll. Flat on top with a thickness of about 1/4". I can see mine from the top by looking between the Battery box and the engine, left side of the battery box.

I had to cut a slit in my filler funnel so it would fit inside the tiny opening. I have had my pan off and one way to check you have the correct tube is to carefully lower a small screwdriver down the tube, Key-off / Engine-off of course. The large mushroom plug is a vent and has a "trap" inside so the screwdriver WILL NOT go down this tube, it will bottom quickly.

There is also another word of caution. The "fluid level check" bolt is on the bottom of the Transmission. There are a couple in that area don't make a mistake here.See this link for help
http://www.drivehq.com/web/jfenley/T...ems_JF506E.pdf