X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can't clear comp or evap sys

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That monitor is the hardest one to complete. You can drive that thing to Mars and back, and still not complete that monitor. Doesn't matter how many miles you put on it, if the evap. system monitor is not meeting the necessary criteria to complete, it'll NEVER complete. Good luck with that one. Here ya go!

Jaguar X-TYPE P DTC OBD II
2002 Model Year
EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE
1 Ensure that fuel filler cap is fully closed (minimum three clicks).
2 Fuel level > 30% and < 85%.
3 perform ECM DTC Clear (even if no DTCs are flagged).
4 Drive vehicle for a minimum of 2 minutes, and until engine is at normal operating temperature.
5 Avoid heavy engine loads during following tests.
6 Drive vehicle to the road where the EVAP System Drive Cycle will be conducted. Stop vehicle and switch OFF the ignition. Leave ignition OFF for 30 seconds,
then restart the engine.
7 Accelerate briskly to 80 km/h (50 mph) ensuring that the engine speed reaches a minimum of 3500 rpm for a minimum of 5 seconds.
8 (0.040 inch EVAP Test) Avoiding high engine loads, drive the vehicle steadily between 65 km/h (40 mph) and 100 km/h (60
mph). Avoid driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. At least 30 min.
9 (0.020 inch EVAP Test) Continue driving vehicle as explained in Step 8 for an additional 10 minutes.
10 Gently coast the vehicle to a stop. Allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.
11 If the 0.020 inch EVAP Test is not activated, the purge system vapor concentration may be too great. To reduce the vapor concentration proceed as follows:
12 Drive the vehicle for an additional 30 minutes avoiding driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. Repeat Step 10. If the 0.020 inch EVAP
Test is still not activated, repeat the Drive Cycle from Step 6.
13 Using WDS, check for and clear flagged DTCs.
COMPREHENSIVE COMPONENT MONITOR ENGINE MANAGEMENT DRIVE CYCLE
To avoid unnecessary complexity, a single comprehensive engine management drive cycle has not developed for X-TYPE. Refer to the individual DTC for specific drive
cycle / monitoring conditions.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ***!!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poboyblues
That monitor is the hardest one to complete. You can drive that thing to Mars and back, and still not complete that monitor. Doesn't matter how many miles you put on it, if the evap. system monitor is not meeting the necessary criteria to complete, it'll NEVER complete. Good luck with that one. Here ya go!

Jaguar X-TYPE P DTC OBD II
2002 Model Year
EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE
1 Ensure that fuel filler cap is fully closed (minimum three clicks).
2 Fuel level > 30% and < 85%.
3 perform ECM DTC Clear (even if no DTCs are flagged).
4 Drive vehicle for a minimum of 2 minutes, and until engine is at normal operating temperature.
5 Avoid heavy engine loads during following tests.
6 Drive vehicle to the road where the EVAP System Drive Cycle will be conducted. Stop vehicle and switch OFF the ignition. Leave ignition OFF for 30 seconds,
then restart the engine.
7 Accelerate briskly to 80 km/h (50 mph) ensuring that the engine speed reaches a minimum of 3500 rpm for a minimum of 5 seconds.
8 (0.040 inch EVAP Test) Avoiding high engine loads, drive the vehicle steadily between 65 km/h (40 mph) and 100 km/h (60
mph). Avoid driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. At least 30 min.
9 (0.020 inch EVAP Test) Continue driving vehicle as explained in Step 8 for an additional 10 minutes.
10 Gently coast the vehicle to a stop. Allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.
11 If the 0.020 inch EVAP Test is not activated, the purge system vapor concentration may be too great. To reduce the vapor concentration proceed as follows:
12 Drive the vehicle for an additional 30 minutes avoiding driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. Repeat Step 10. If the 0.020 inch EVAP
Test is still not activated, repeat the Drive Cycle from Step 6.
13 Using WDS, check for and clear flagged DTCs.
COMPREHENSIVE COMPONENT MONITOR ENGINE MANAGEMENT DRIVE CYCLE
To avoid unnecessary complexity, a single comprehensive engine management drive cycle has not developed for X-TYPE. Refer to the individual DTC for specific drive
cycle / monitoring conditions.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ***!!!!

I know this is an old tread - but i have this same issue my self on my 2004 xtype - i even took it to dealer to see if they can flash it - they said keep driving it - but i have to get my car inspected like " months ago " real big trouble can you give me some tips - i tried these step no go - I also have the comprehensive component monitor transmission drive cycle not ready-