X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear indicator covers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clear indicator covers.

I only bought my X Type a couple of weeks ago and I have already forgotten its predecessor , a MINI Cooper, apart from the parking (thank God-or Jaguar- for parking sensors).

I have already asked a question on 'Global Opening' (mine will close and not open) and have been given some advice on re-setting the windows. Is this easy?

But another question. I found on Amazon some clear side indicators which will arrive next week and I hope to fit them (this was easy on the MINI).
But just after I ordered them I opened the bonnet and my heart sank, would I have to take out half the engine to put them in?

If anyone can help with the re-setting and this question I would be grateful.
(By-the-way, I am assuming they are legal to use).
Yours, wondering why I buy things before asking questions.

Robert, Edinburgh https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...cons/icon5.gif

Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.3 KB

Robert, I'm moving this into the X type section for you where you need to post these questions for better responses.
This is the new member section and really only to help welcome newbies to the site as such.....

If you look into the X type quick link FAQ thread there is tons and tons of info there for you that will help.....Its a MUST read for you!!

There is a whole thread on resetting the windows I believe.

As for the clear side indicators?
I fitted these myself to my 02 when I had it and it was simply a case of prising the old amber one off from the outside ( being careful of the paint of course ) and the little bulb holder comes out too.
Twist the indicator off the bulb holder, change indicator and replace........probably take you around 5 mins each side if that?

Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Robert Mccairley (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Robert, replacing the side indicators is really easy. First, you will need to get your hands on a wood popsicle stick or on a flat bladed screw driver with the end taped up with some masking tape (to protect the paint). Now, if you look at the indicator, it has a pointy end and a flat end. You want to take your popsicle stick/screwdriver and put it against the flat side. Now, using your tool, push the indicator (making sure not to press into the body of the car) towards the pointy end. After moving about 1 CM, you should feel the indicator run into something (this is the body opening). While still applying the pressure, pull the indicator out towards you pulling from the flat end. Once it comes out about 2 cm, you can release the tool and you will be clear of the retaining clip. From there you can undo the bulb with ease.

On a side note, the flat end has a small hook on the backside that helps hold it in place. So, when installing, put the flat end in first, get it hooked, then push in the pointy end.