Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch is volume control

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Clutch is volume control

Hello All.
Today I put my old girl into semi retirement. X type 2.2D SE estate in Chilli Red April 2007 (see photo)
Well, she was getting on a bit, having done 303,000 miles and was showing some niggles. Parking sensors packed in, Showing fault on ABS front wheel sensors above about 27mph and ABS doesn't work, but does below 27mph on first moving off. Around 70mph the handbrake warning light comes on but generally when car has warmed up. As usual AM on radio doesn't work most of the time but FM is fine.
So today I acquired a Feb 2007 X-type 2.2D SE in silver. The weird thing is, it turns the volume down as long as I depress the clutch. It also sometimes operates the other 3 functions, Mute, Source, Channel Up/Down. It doesn't change on the clutch upstroke, only the down. The car has recently been valeted, so possibly moisture in one of the connectors, the clutch sensor interfering somehow, or connector has been snagged and the clutch pedal is mechanically interfering with the cable. Has anyone got a definitive answer.
Also the amber and red warning light came on just above the odometer text display window. These went out on turning ignition off, then restarting.

Attached Thumbnails Clutch is volume control-jag.jpg