Sponsored by:

a couple of injector / turbo related questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a couple of injector / turbo related questions

Hi,

My first request for help

I have the notrious flashing glow plug light on my 2.0d, having trawled the interweb for hours have found a number of things to check, but would like to know if I am missing anything, so any advice is gratefully received.

First thing tomorrow I will remove the actuator and check for dry solder joints.
Whilst actuator is of I will check the linkage arm for smooth operation and lubricate as needed.

Is there anything else I can check/do on the turbo/actuator side of things whilst I am there?
I have also looked at the innoteck turbo cleaning gunk, just wondering if it would be possible to use that without removing turbo?

Test injectors: I will do a leak off test on the injectors, I cannot seem to find any ballpark figures for how much diesel I should get through the leak off pipes. I know all four should be similar, but is their a max/min i should expect?

I have a delphi ds150e diagostics scanner that shows no current error codes, there is a P132B in the h1story though.

It also appears to allow me to recode the injectors, not sure if it will actually work though and I cannot see the current data, only input new.
Any thoughts on trying it out using the codes from the injectors?

I also plan to clean the egr valve and as I have a mondeo one on the shelf, replace the cam position sensor.

I think thats all for now so if you have anything that may help me out, or if I am doing anything horrendously wrong, would appreciate your input.

Thanks all!