X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Not Available

Hey guys, I have a 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 v6. I'm currently throwing a knock sensor code for the upper one, and Cruise not available is coming on on the dash. Would this cause this? MY car puts inself into limp mode not accelerating.

Looking for some feedback, I will be replacing the knock sensor when it arrives, just wondering if there is anything else I should look into.

Also will be replacing the breather hose and breather valve while im in there.

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM

I'm now throwing two new codes from last i drove the car. All the codes i now have are as follows :
P0333
P1313
P0301
P0430

Im hoping replacing the knock sensor, crankcase breather and up a new breather hose will do the trick on most of thr codes.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Bahdevin, from what you are describing, it is sounding more like a wiring issue than anything else. I would check the wiring bundle that runs between the intake and the throttlebody for any signs of damage. YOu have some faults that are not necessarily related to one another. That is why I say to check the wiring first to make sure you are not replacing parts just because.

The other thing I would tell you to check is the voltage coming out of the alternator. If you have a battery that is starting to go (yes, the car will start normally), it will cause random codes like this. So, if your battery is say 4 or so years old, may want to consider that first. ANy auto parts store should be able to do a load test of your battery and see what its condition is.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Bahdevin, from what you are describing, it is sounding more like a wiring issue than anything else. I would check the wiring bundle that runs between the intake and the throttlebody for any signs of damage. YOu have some faults that are not necessarily related to one another. That is why I say to check the wiring first to make sure you are not replacing parts just because.

The other thing I would tell you to check is the voltage coming out of the alternator. If you have a battery that is starting to go (yes, the car will start normally), it will cause random codes like this. So, if your battery is say 4 or so years old, may want to consider that first. ANy auto parts store should be able to do a load test of your battery and see what its condition is.
I will check the wiring for any damage. However my battery is no more than 6 months old so i wouldny imagine that being the problem; I work at a local parts store so just to be safe i will put a load test on the battery.