X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extended warranty

hello everyone i'm looking for advise on getting an extended warranty on my 2008 jaguar x-type 4 dr. 3.0l engine 40,000 miles on it. i live in calumet city, il. bought the car warranty expired so i fell like i need one. please direct me to a good one reasonably priced. thanks

Old 11-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Peter, you will be better off by simply putting an extra $100 in the bank for when a major repair comes up than paying for an aftermarket warrantee plan. The only exception to this is if you like to drive the car very sporty, in that case, you will save yourself tons of money due to breaking transfer cases left and right. But, that also makes the assumption that the warrantee will cover the transfer case. LIke with any aftermarket warrantee, make sure you know exactly what is covered by the plan as there are tons of different plans out there and they all cover different things.

The following users liked this post:
antpetergunn (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also be aware, there are scam companies out there. I know first hand as I paid $2500 for one and a year later the company was non existent. Make sure to check reviews and such online and on the BBB.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am with Thermo. I am fighting a customers provider right now and he couldn't have them more dead-bang. His policy was purchased when he bought his car at the Jag dealer so my impression is that even the "good" ones deny deny deny unless the shop just won't give in.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:07 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Agree with every warning about misleading warranty plans with one exception. I purchased a Ford Premium Care plan for my X-Type in August 2011 and it has covered every repair that I've needed. It is a Ford corporate plan that I was able to get because my Jaguar plan had not expired yet and Ford still considered my X-Type to be a Ford product at the time. My Jaguar dealer tells me that the Ford plan is even easier to get coverage from than Jaguar factory coverage itself.

Check around, and shop for price, dealers can do deals, etc. However, if your Jaguar warranty has expired it might be pretty expensive, so the advice of putting $ away into a special bank account to cover repairs is probably the best advice. Probably best to stay away from third-party plans.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Extended Warrenty

"let the buyer beware" that’s an old English legal term and it really is the case.
Lots of duff warranties out there! even the best have strict terms that if the shop dont flollow they just wont pay.
In most cases they want the car stripped down to inspect the parts, before going ahead, a drawn out procedure when your car is off the road.
My best advice is go to your favorite shop, ask them if they have used a warranty company and can they recommended them.

I have never managed to get paid out, and second the member who said put extra $100 in the bank!!,

Originally Posted by pab
Agree with every warning about misleading warranty plans with one exception. I purchased a Ford Premium Care plan for my X-Type in August 2011 and it has covered every repair that I've needed. It is a Ford corporate plan that I was able to get because my Jaguar plan had not expired yet and Ford still considered my X-Type to be a Ford product at the time. My Jaguar dealer tells me that the Ford plan is even easier to get coverage from than Jaguar factory coverage itself.

Check around, and shop for price, dealers can do deals, etc. However, if your Jaguar warranty has expired it might be pretty expensive, so the advice of putting $ away into a special bank account to cover repairs is probably the best advice. Probably best to stay away from third-party plans.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar