X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy Independance Day...From the ****ers Across the Pond!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Happy Independance Day...From the ****ers Across the Pond!

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  6.3 KB

Man, you guys know how to party over there....lol
Its like Paddys day...........Jeez the biggest party of all is in New York I think..........even bigger than Ireland Itself!!!!
Now, we know how to party at Hogmanay..........( New Years )...we should get together. Man what a party that would be!

JC

Old 07-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Oktoberfest FTW! If you're gonna party...do it for a whole week or don't do it at all!

Could I please get 8 giant steins of hofbrau?

...Thanks!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 33

NICE JUGGS.......bet they hold more than a pint

JC

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 638 Likes on 440 Posts

Happy Birthday America !!!! (lol it's a belated one )

Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimC64

ORIGINAL: DEBBIE
I had a great 4th of July, NOT!
Spent all day Tuesday the 3rd preparing for IT and then when the day arrived heavily sedated some old guy stuck a camera up my ****.
No I'm not joking, my dad died at 42 from Bowel cancer and ever 5yrs I have to be screened and that day, was yesterday.
Happy 4th of July guys and kiss my ........
[sm=imsorry.gif]Debs hun......that musta been a real pain in th........[sm=oopssign.gif]

Seriously though.......As long as you get your clean bill of........thats what matters.

JC
No worries, it's not the first time (had one at 26, then this one was late at 33) It defo better than the alternative and all was healthy. On the PLUS side it's one hell of a detox

Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 27

Thats the way Debs.........always look on the bright side of life.......ain't that a song?....lol

JC

Old 07-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's not a birthday....you putz lol

I just wonder how many people truly appreciate the Fourth of July for what it truly means.

America has grown into the most powerful country in the world and the best country in the world. I think most of us forget about the beginnings though.

Before we were a free country, we were part of the British Empire, occupied by British troops in their bright red. The American colonies were really only good to the British Empire for the tax money they generated. That is until the colonists got tired of paying too much in taxes and decided to do something about it.

This idea to revolt against the Brits and start a war for independence was David versus Goliath. On one side there is a well trained and supplied army, on the other there was hunters, farmers and city folk. Anyone who had a gun basically.

If the Vegas odds makers were around back then they most likely wouldnít have given us Americans much of a chance, but we had something more than military might on our side. We had heart.

The American Colonies knew what they wanted and they werenít about to stop short of achieving their goal of freedom. The colonists were so determined they even got the French to fire a gun and help us defeat the British.

As more years pass I think Americans have forgotten what the true meaning of the Fourth of July really is. I know for a fact that many Brits forgotten or chose to forget the Revolutionary War.

On a family trip to England in 1996 to visit family there, an uncle was boasting on how the English army has never lost a war. I was quick to point out to him that had the English army never lost a war I wouldnít be an American but rather English just like him.

He looked at me puzzled for a few moments then rephrased his comments to say they have never lost a war on the British Isles.

On our side of the pond, I have noticed the Fourth of July seems to have turned into a time to play with explosives, walk down the middle of the street while waving to our friends and eat funnel cake.

The intentions are good, but I think weíve strayed from the true meaning of the Fourth of July celebration. With family members, neighbors and friends off fighting for freedom, I am sure this yearís Fourth of July we all thought about our troops, but how many thought about our founding fathers?

Old 07-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

And it's not October....

Old 07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: racerx82

And it's not October....
LOL...good call..the Oktoberfest was from a previous stray off topic, regarding St. Patty's day and other holidays.

Just here to say your other post was a good point. As my family name directly descends from the man who drafted the Bill of Rights, I find myself feeling very patriotic on the 4th of July. I remember back to my service in the US Army and think of my brother in-law, a Special Forces Soldier who has been in Afghanistan for the past year and 1/2. Guys like him allow us to light fireworks, wave at our neighbors, and eat funnel cake. And all of the folks who came here from all over allow us to enjoy green beer in March and polka music in October. Their fathers and family have done their share in securing that right. Hats off to all of them!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Amen brother!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 AM

I know for a fact that many Brits forgotten or chose to forget the Revolutionary War.

On a family trip to England in 1996 to visit family there, an uncle was boasting on how the English army has never lost a war. I was quick to point out to him that had the English army never lost a war I wouldnít be an American but rather English just like him.
Fair play, but to be honest "we" (Meaning from now onthe current generation of Brits) were never where and my children aren't, taught at school about it.

We cover the Main aspects of our historylike Romans, The great fire of London, Battle of Hastings and Vikings etc Yr Reception (4/5 yr olds) to Yr 6 (10/11 yr olds)
At secondary school "grade" 7 to 9 look a little more at world History but it's not unless you actually choose to study History as an option for "grade 10/11that you would even venture near the reason for Independance day and the politics of war behind the date.

So in the main it's not that "we" choose to ignore, just that the history of the British Empire (as was) is so great that generally we aren't taught it unless we ask and then only in snippets not in detail.

I think it's great you guys have a day you feel passionatley patriotic about, St Georges day in the UK goes by with out a by your leave most years and we only celebrate St Patricks day so we can get pissed on the Black Stuff! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

To be honest things have got so P.C here they are debating whether we can have bonfire night / Guy Fawkes any more as it's celebrating terrorism. Or Christmas nativity plays in our schools in case we upset someone of another religion. For God Sake "UK" lighten up.

It's getting so that you need Public liability Insurance to fart, and then the HSE (Health and safety Executive) would want you to wear a harness if you wereto lifta foot of the ground!

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Rant over, Nice to meet the elusive Racer at last.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 47

Blo*dy ell Debs...........just a bit of a rant....lol
Its true though come to think about it.........I loved history yet only vaguely remember the barest of details about the American war of Independance......then again I only took history for O level, not higher.

I think Racer was hiding Debs..........you scared him away...lol
Be nice to see the ole todger about a bit more, dunno whats been goin with him lately?

JC

Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Why should you study our independence when you have a rich history of your own? We Americans are a loud and proud group. Good for us I say, but I don't need to push it down everyone else's throat. Now Texas history, that's a different thing. I think it's kind of cool how we let the other 49 states join us!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 36
ORIGINAL: ken@britishparts.com
Why should you study our independence when you have a rich history of your own? We Americans are a loud and proud group. Good for us I say, but I don't need to push it down everyone else's throat. Now Texas history, that's a different thing. I think it's kind of cool how we let the other 49 states join us!
Oh I dunno Ken.....I reckon you guys have made a fair ole bit of history over the last 300 years or so. I find a lot of American history really interesting, although through movies not study, obviously they're not all that factual, but there or thereabouts.
I sposewe've had a few more centuries than you guys to make history, like about 700 - 800 more years
The Alamo!.......Now there's a small but infamous piece of American history!

JC

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

HAHA at ken with the TexasJoke! JAJA good one!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 31
I think it's great you guys have a day you feel passionatley patriotic about, St Georges day in the UK goes by with out a by your leave most years and we only celebrate St Patricks day so we can get pissed on the Black Stuff! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Must be an English thing Debs. We celebrate StAndrews day here, as well as Burns night. My English boss said to me once, how he envied us as we seem so proud of our heritage and have so many remindersaround us everyday. He reeled off Kilts n tartan, whisky, shortbread, Braveheart, William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Hogmanay ( New Years Eve)and various others too.
It was round the time of the World cup I think or some other big football tournament and he was lamenting the English footie fans and commented on how well behave and pissed the scots were.....lol
I just think that the English have so much to rememeber and be proud of, but seem to have forgotten all about it. No real sense of nationalism!
Go on Debs........have another rant babe....lol

JC

Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 AM

Be nice to see the ole todger about a bit more, dunno whats been goin with him lately?

JC
I'm beginning to wonder if I might be a bit scary you know.

In a weaker moment this morning I was moaning to one of the other mum's about trivial boring carp and she happened to say that she thought I was the most confident person she had ever met and likened me to Bodacia, a real warrior woman were her words. (Don't worry I don't think I am I just like to tell it how it is and then cringe in private - don't ever let them see you down! Is my moto)

Racer, I don't bite (Unless you ask me Realllllyyyy nicely!)

(Maybe he's found a new woman and doesn't have the time for Forum trivia at the moment?)

Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 28

JC
I'm beginning to wonder if I might be a bit scary you know.
In a weaker moment this morning I was moaning to one of the other mum's about trivial boring carp and she happened to say that she thought I was the most confident person she had ever met and likened me to Bodacia, a real warrior woman were her words. (Don't worry I don't think I am I just like to tell it how it is and then cringe in private - don't ever let them see you down! Is my moto)
Racer, I don't bite (Unless you ask me Realllllyyyy nicely!)
(Maybe he's found a new woman and doesn't have the time for Forum trivia at the moment?)
Lol.........Warrior woman Debs!
Tell it like it is, me too! Thats why I like our American cousins so much, they were brought up that way.
Any pics in your Bodacia outfit Debs, please feel free to post...lol

Think Racers either found a new woman ( or been told he can't come on here by his missus....lol) or got a new car. Can't be a new car otherwise he'd be telling us all about it.

Any other mums at the school gates into cars / Jags Debs? You know you get a £10 voucher for every new member that subscribes from a referral?

JC

Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member

So I'm guessing if they don;t teach about the revolution in England they probably don't talk to much about us saving Europes *ss in WWII.

Nah I'm just playing I know how it is, I lived in England for a while, you guys have the best museums.

It's kinda dumb for any American to complain about England not knowing enough about the revolution when how many American's know anything about our former colonies in the Filipines and central and south America. Plus most people here know we lost the Vietnam war, but that;s it. Very few people get that info.

I have taken AP US history and AP US government and Politics, the highest high school courses with American history, and we barely touch into the subjects I mentioned.

Deb is Guy Fawkes day really celebrating terrorism. I thought it was celebrating that they stopped him and executed him.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 47

ORIGINAL: 93xj6
So I'm guessing if they don;t teach about the revolution in England they probably don't talk to much about us saving Europes *ss in WWII.
OMG 93...[&:]
Opened a can o worms there bro! We were in the war since 38 and fought long and hard, and lost many men. You guys only came in the war for the last five minutes....lol
Agreed, you made a big contribution with ships and munitions, but you didn't have bombers over your skies night n day!
You had a brief taste of it at Pearl Harbour......not the best day in Americas history, we lived that for 6 years every day! No real comparison.
Saved our ***......helped yeah!
We were fighting wars before you were even born

Don't get on your high horse now, just a few facts...lol
Friends?

JC

Quick Reply: Happy Independance Day...From the ****ers Across the Pond!